Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.

Hopstretch

At first I struggled to even hear the difference between the original and the mashup because my volume was set too low.

The track popped up randomly on my YouTube feed. It's more interesting that the composer for the Donkey Kong Country 2 tracks, Lockjaw's Saga and Mining Melancholy, must have been unconsciously influenced by In the Air Tonight and that the mashup artist heard that – gated reverb drum effects were everywhere after that track released:

Edited by HiWire

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

My friends on the Delightfully Depressing chat are all big fans of Future Islands.  You should listen:

You'll notice that the playlist is populated in groups of about an hour, weeks apart, so you should be able to figure out where to stop and start one show, if that makes sense.  The beginning of that playlist is kinda dorked up, so scroll down until you get to playable tracks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A keyboardist friend posted that to a keyboardist Discord server, saying, "this is why we practice our arpeggios".

I almost responded with, "if any of us are even in the same ballpark as Hiromi, I'll..." (I didn't post, didn't know how to finish that sentence.)

She's easily my favourite living keyboardist, bar none, and not just jazz, but of any genre.

• Like 1