Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.

Hopstretch

On 8/13/2022 at 12:22 PM, Dusty Chalk said:

@Hopstretch -- who was that guy who had a really groovy sound and French female backup singers and keyboardist (perhaps he was French)?  I can't remember his name and I need to look him up again, and hear more music by him.  I vaguely remember finding a video of an entire concert from him at a beach house or something.

Ha-HA!   Baxter Dury

No, I didn't all of a sudden remember, he released a new album today.

The person in the video is not Wednesday Campanella, but rather Kom-I, in the same way that Christopher Walken is not Fatboy Slim.  Watch for the 90 second oner starting at 0:13.

EDIT:  I am wrong, that is, indeed, a member of Wednesday Campanella, and the singer, but she left in 2021, so the current lead singer doesn't look anything like that.

YouTube is the one website I encourage to track my every move on it, because it occasionally spits out some suggestions even I had no idea I'd like:

I was only ever peripherally aware of Fanny.  I had a hippie aunt who liked them when they were contemporary.  This cover is interesting.

Captain Obvious here, the original is better.  I love that it's considered one of the "lesser" Beatles songs.  Like most of their works, it has its own Wiki page.  Fascinating read. 

• Like 1