Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.

Hopstretch

This is a weird order.  It's neither the incidental music in the order of the play, nor is it in the order of the two suites.  In particular, it's kind of weird yet genius to put Åses død in front of Solveig's Song.  That said, I like it; my two favourite movements played back-to-back.  And it's meticulously played.  

• Like 1

So I have been sort of digging out older music that I used to listen while growing up in the mid 80s. Mostly because  I have not heard most of that stuff since then. At that time my English was mediocre at best and I may have been able to pick 3-5 words out of 15 in the lyrics. So we used to dance to many tracks at parties, etc or just listen for fun, not caring much for song content. So while I  listen now (now being mostly since early 2000 to present day) a lot of the lyrics on that decade are mostly: wow that is silly stuff, ha! no real content here, just fluff. On the other hand, it has been a real pleasure so re-discover some of that time's UK bands, or groups, for instance, This Mortal Coil's catalog through the last decade (mostly since early 2000's) beautiful lyrics, cover songs , some originals, but still new lyrics to melody to my ears. Recently, I took to listen to Bruce Springsteen's catalog. Two songs that really have a dark, (depressed?) and raw content respectively are "Dancing in the Dark" and "I am on fire," I remember dancing merrily to those two so many times, totally unaware of how darkish they are...

Anyway, nothing in the sense of recommendations to anyone, but more of in a way of sharing the experience thru a couple of decades, from the point of view of really getting the "song."

I must disagree strongly! Kajagoogoo lyrics are some of the most profound in all of music-dom...

Hey girl, move a little closer
'Cause you're too shy shy
Hush hush, eye to eye
Too shy shy
Hush hush, eye to eye
Too shy shy
Hush hush, eye to eye
Too shy shy
Hush hush

I rest my case.

• Like 1

The Davies sisters have quite a few mashups from pop songs that really work well

Oh, and also, Fitzsimmons's cover of wonderwall works for me as well, the first quarter of the song starts more like a joke, but when he gets into the song, he nails it. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with his stuff, but he has good original material.

• Like 1