stax mafia circuit boards

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I expect to now be able to spend significant amounts of time on new designs  

hopefully i cleaned this up and its the current versions of everything http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/boards/

try this, there should be over 300 files, had to remove a couple of confidential ones   https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7egryukiT7_TFlEQlBRejdVdDQ  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, spritzer said:

Kevin's house is filled with crap already so yeah...this might end badly.  He even complained when I was digging through his box of unpopulated PCB's that I was messing up "his filing system"...  ;)  Seriously though, I spent a week there and I doubt I saw all of it.  I think I have more headphones though... 

I dug his RN60 "display" :rofl:

On 4/26/2017 at 4:14 PM, kevin gilmore said:

a room full of amplifiers??

ask birgir.  how about 3600 square feet of amplifiers.

Photo please!!

Sorry for the duplicates!

Edited by JimL
On 4/26/2017 at 8:39 PM, spritzer said:

Kevin's house is filled with crap already so yeah...this might end badly.  He even complained when I was digging through his box of unpopulated PCB's that I was messing up "his filing system"...  ;)  Seriously though, I spent a week there and I doubt I saw all of it.  I think I have more headphones though... 

one amp i recognized from the old headwize pics because it was still in the exact same place

• Like 1
7 hours ago, justin said:

one amp i recognized from the old headwize pics because it was still in the exact same place

that would be the krell. one of the few pieces i don't move to vacuum under or around.  requires 3 people because the platform is stuck to the underlying plywood

same thing with the wilsons

Edited by kevin gilmore
8 hours ago, justin said:

I wouldn't bother moving half of this stuff.  Seriously the Wilsons are pretty much the definition of just set and forget.  Me thinks Kevin needs some Sound Lab U series speakers with the frame filled with something super dense.  ;) 

3 hours ago, spritzer said:

I wouldn't bother moving half of this stuff.  Seriously the Wilsons are pretty much the definition of just set and forget.  Me thinks Kevin needs some Sound Lab U series speakers with the frame filled with something super dense;) 

Like Plutonium or the whole U.S. senate, perhaps....?

Thanks spritzer,

Any chance we can also get access to the schematics for the boards that were posted in these threads but all linked to Kevin's site? 

I mean for example the GRLV schematic at http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/goldenreference.pdf which is no longer accessible. 

Thanks!

Steef

• 2 weeks later...