Computer build help

And now they want me to ship it back to them on my dime. Fuck Newegg. 

Newegg won't refund you shipping after they "inspect" the damage?  If so, that's messed up and I will try even harder not to use Newegg in the future.   :mikey2:

When I told the guy the cancel the whole order he asked if he could speak with his manager. After 5 minutes, he offered to over night a new case and offer a $20 discount on the new case to offset the shipping charge on the old one. Sent me a shipping label for the case that needs to go back as well.

Kudos to that guy but I'm not dealing with newegg again.

Build is complete. Took a couple of hours to get everything working (iMessages, app store, login issues in general) which required a bit of googling but I have everything set up now. Going to run some stability tests as it has frozen on some file transfers a couple of times now. There's solutions for everything but things aren't going to work right out of the box. So far rather enjoying it. It's great to see the sliders in Lightroom get applied in real time instead of having to wait for a few seconds at times. 

Edited by crappyjones123
  • Like 1

Very fast build indeed.  Glad things worked out regarding newegg.  I have found that a little verbal elbow grease really gets them to do the right thing in the end.

You're making me want to upgrade, but there is nothing out there that really makes my build look outdated (and it's from 2010).  Perhaps X99 and this ;)

Edited by roadtonowhere08

Alright Dusty, I am curious as to what tasks you value most.  I have not been following CPUs as closely now as I have been in the past, but everything I am seeing can be summed up as follows:

The 5gHz FX-9590 is pretty much a factory overclocked and overvolted Piledriver chip with no headroom.  It is less efficient per cycle and has a 220w TDP.  None of this matters, as sheer single threaded speed is what you are after, so I found this:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/62166-amd-fx-9590-review-piledriver-5ghz-6.html

If you are after single threaded performance, de-lid a 4770K, put it under water, and OC the hell out of it.

I understand the price/performance aspect of AMD products, but if one can OC, there really is not much of an advantage at all (if any).  Honestly, I cannot think of any reason to get an AMD chip.  Tell me your take.

Edited by roadtonowhere08