ppl is leaving TRIAD AUDIO

ppl

Guys....you got these all wrong.  PPL is the engineer behind LaRocco and Triad Audio and he is an exceptional person.  Phillip La-Rocco is his real name and he is not "Larry Milligan".  Both Larry & Traid Audio (Brad) used his designs to mfg. their amps.  From what I understand, Phil (Uncle Phill) didn't not get involved with Larry on the business side of things (he just licensed out his designs).  This man is the main ideas behind the DIY META42, and PIMETA, and PPA projects.  He is one of the first person who implemented "discrete" buffer stage in headphones amplifiers (circa 2003).  In fact, he can be credited for many of the discrete buffers that are being used in many amplifiers today.  For instance, Headroom & RSA did not use discrete buffer stage until after 2006.      

I have dealt with Phill many times in the past and he is an outstanding individual.  So I can vouch for him here.  In fact, he was kind enough to send me one of his tube amplifier prototype that sound just wonderful on an extended 3 months loan.  This e-Phi  is just pure bliss to listen to.  Can you guys remember the PPA amplifer, and even the Pocket Reference amp?  These amps together with Justin's Gilmore V1 & V2 kicked serious ass in the days and continue to compete with anything up to $1000 today.  The L3 is just an evolution of Pocket Reference.  The L3 is the best sounding portable headphones amplifier I've ever tried.  It is considerably better sounding than Justin's Pico Power, albeit not as versatile.  

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/ppa/

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/meta42/

Dusty, you were around back then...so you should remember these right?  

Yep should have his e-phi here in a couple days on loan for our upcoming July 26th Seattle Meet.

His new amps sound light years better than the old stuff. :)

Yep should have his e-phi here in a couple days on loan for our upcoming July 26th Seattle Meet.

His new amps sound light years better than the old stuff. :)

Yes, the e-phi sounds marvelous.  Folks at the Seattle Meet are in for a treat.

phil has sent me his schematics a number of times.

He asked me not to publish them, so I did not publish them.

He definitely got screwed over by larry numerous times.

larry's video game addiction... etc...

my impression of Larry was that he was interested in paying that month's bills, and nothing more. whatever is the bare minimum. and as I have been guilty of doing too much work myself when it is wise to let others handle it, Larry took that to another level.

my impression of Larry was that he was interested in paying that month's bills, and nothing more. whatever is the bare minimum. and as I have been guilty of doing too much work myself when it is wise to let others handle it, Larry took that to another level.

His casework was of very high quality though.  The casework on my Pocket Reference still look great!

Breaking news, Purk will be joining TRIAD AUDIO.

I'm too lazy to join anyone guys.  Maybe I'll join (Mike) Muveling for his Marietta Square Everything Tannoy Shop! :laugh:

I was just thinking that if I ever was to go on trial, I wish to have Purk on the Jury. He only sees the good in people. Good for you man.  :)

I was using the Pocket Reference the others days that's why I made the comment.  Yes, I totally agree with you guys that he is a sleazy character.