covering speaker port to keep out legos

shellylh

I have a 2 year old staying at the house this week and I am afraid she is going to want to put legos or some other toy in the front port of my Monitor Audio 6 (for some reason Tim wants to have her play right next to the speaker system).  The speakers have front ports.  Would it be ok to cover the front ports with some sort of light cloth for the week (while the system is on).  This is the main tv setup so I can't put the speakers in a different room.   I'm not so concerned about the sound but whether it could damage the amplifier.  My guess is that is probably ok but will look like shit. 

I was thinking of using thin like a disposable dish cloth like this.  

458310028_993.jpg

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 2

Somewhat seriously. Some subs have foam inserts you can use to block the ports off. Look like a cut up pool noodle....

Also, I would be way more nervous about the drivers (even with grills) ... this coming from someone with kids and some dented drivers. In this case I would recommend upgrading to electrostatics, as they offer greater... "deterrent"

• Like 2

The problem with pool noodle port blockers are that they inherently beg to be pulled out.  Once you pull them out you have to put them back in, and once it's okay to put stuff in the port holes you've created a bigger problem than you've solved.  

I think speaker grills are perfect :)

• Like 2