WiMP comes to the UK/US as Tidal

Grahame

Seems like I like to listen to a lot of stuff that is not on Tidal. 

On Spotify but not Tidal

Social Network by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

Beck (Live From KCRW)

Listed but Unavailable for Streaming

Siamese Dream (Deluxe Edition) - Smashing Pumpkins

Edited by shellylh

• 2 weeks later...

This is Interesting

Tidal seems to use the same Global Identifiers ( accessible by the share / by email copyable link)

e.g 

Artist  

Alison Krauss. = tidalhifi.com/artist/6602

Album

New Favorite by Alison Krauss.  = tidalhifi.com/album/3044220

Track

New Favorite by Alison Krauss. =  tidalhifi.com/track/3044233

and as seen before entities are different for a UK and a US account 

as an example , playable on UK Account, not on US Account

Paper Airplane by Alison Krauss http://tidalhifi.com/album/6043300

I've a couple of days overlap for a UK registered account and a US one, so have a few days window for further exploration as time allows 

and have accessed both via the Web interface and the (windows) Desktop App, from the US,

so will explore further, but its late now so will leave you with the following

UK Account desktop App

post-545-0-73814900-1417594325_thumb.png

US Account desktop App

post-545-0-49983100-1417594349_thumb.png

• Like 1

I signed up for the Tidal trial.

And ickStream

And installed the ickStream plugin on my Squeezebox server.

And it seems to work! (Seems because I haven't gone in the den yet to actually play anything through the Squeezebox. It browses music and appears to be playing as I look at the server interface.)

I like the Tidal web interface so far. It's easy to navigate and they have pretty much the whole catalogs of the two artists I clicked on as a test. (Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits. But that's too easy. Let's see how they do with Fausto Papetti ;-)

One issue though. In the Tidal web interface, it's playing only one song at a time. The play queue shows a list of songs, but I can't get it to play them in sequence. Bug? Or have I not done something?

• Like 1

Update. Yes. It's playing just fine through the squeeze box. You can even search through squeeze commander.

And both the Android version of Tidal and the ickStream app do not seem to suffer from the one song at a time issue. Maybe that's some sort of one-off with a particular Chrome version or something. Another update: it was upgrading chrome took care of the problem.

Excellent.

Edited by CarlSeibert
  • Like 1

I am loving Tidal just wish it recommended better, I recall MOG talking be to some strange cool places via the recommendation feature. Also Prince Sign of the Times sounds like the selectively used two different masters as some songs are loud as fuck and others have plenty of headroom? All things considered I'm still very satisfied.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back and forth on same song with Spotify and Tidal.

I'm canceling Spotify.

**BRENT**

So I forgot to cancel last month, but I canceled this morning when I remembered it. I checked the usage of mobile data between Tidal and Spotify from Nov 29th to today.

Tidal: 7.72GB

Spotify: 609MB

I think I did that much because I downloaded a couple more albums to compare with Tidal.

**BRENT**

Tidal == good customer service.  I complained on Facebook about them posting country music after the album i was listening to finished, and they helped me figure out that apparently I had accidentally hit their country playlist on the way out the previous time, and how to clean it up.  This, despite how rude I had become.

• Like 1

Hello Head-casers,

I'm using both Spotify and Tidal and I cant see why I would stay on Tidal (Canada). Seems to me that we are again at the wrong end of the stick. As with our ridiculous weak Netflix catalogue we are again the '' dindon de la farce''...;-)

On the other hand Spotify is much generous with it's catalogue. If only the sound was as good as Tidal.

Merry Chrismas to all,

Amicalement 

• 2 weeks later...