WiMP comes to the UK/US as Tidal

Grahame

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, so much for "According to the company's Twitter account, the drop in price doesn't mean that you'll get access to less, either. Subscriptions still include the same content, with high-definition streaming being the key feature."

But most of the info and subscription pages are down so maybe some hope?

Did state the below prices, but we now have live video announcing what's next? Wonder what's next?

http://tidal.com/us

9.99 USD a month

TIDAL Premium

Standard sound quality. High definition music videos. Expertly curated editorial.

30 days free trial.

19.99 USD a month

TIDAL HiFi

Lossless High Fidelity sound quality. High definition music videos. Expertly curated editorial.

30 days free trial.

So 'Premium' is lower quality?

Taylor Swift (because of her notorious relationship with Spotify)

Porcupine Tree

Robert Fripp

King Crimson

(because of their notorious relationship with the digital download community, iTunes, etc.)

Pineapple Thief (personal thing -- one of my favourite bands, possibly my favourite current band -- I have everything on Spotify and nothing on Tidal)

And vice versa -- if you don't feel like signing up for a US trial, let us know which ones you're missing that you want one of us to look up, I'd be happy to.

Some of Porcupine Tree's albums are on Tidal now. Is this new?

I have it on the top tracks streaming now.  Seems to be a rap music service.  For some reason the Oppo says it is streaming at 32/176.4.

Finally decided to switch the screen to the Mini and find the Rival Sons album they talked about in Peter's link.  Like it.

Edited by VPI

• 2 weeks later...

Oh No you di'unt

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/12/mumford-sons-diss-jay-z-s-tidal.html

Meanwhile prediction on reddit

Tidal exists solely as an attempt to strong-arm Apple into an acquisition - It's a brilliant pump an dump scheme by Jay Z & Co.
Here's how it's gonna go down -
The Tidal artists that can, will start putting exclusive content on Tidal for streaming. Apple can't ignore them because that is the strategy they are going to use to get traction for whatever they turn Beats into.
Instead of trying to lock down streaming rights to each individual artist Apple can just buy Tidal and get them all.
Jay Z laid out about $56mil to buy Tidal, will sell for around $1b.
Bam about 18x return on investment. Jay Z is a fucking genius.