WiMP comes to the UK/US as Tidal

Grahame

20 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

Is there an A$AP Shitty, or does that just go for all of them?

Here is the insanely good video for "Yamborghini High".

A$AP Rocky is also the face of Dior Homme.  That does not speak to his music, obviously, but the guy is a force.

dior-campaign-100616-10.jpg?w=300&h=450&

Edited by Sherwood

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been noticing recently that Tidal has been adding a lot more MQA/Masters albums. Do they sound better than regular lossess? Got me. They do, however, tend to have pretty decent mastering.

It is worth scrolling through their landing page for the masters if you haven't in a while.

Also cool: if they have one album from an artist in master odds are they will have the rest of their catalog in master either already up or on its way.

• Like 2

So I've been noticing recently that Tidal has been adding a lot more MQA/Masters albums. Do they sound better than regular lossess? Got me. They do, however, tend to have pretty decent mastering.
It is worth scrolling through their landing page for the masters if you haven't in a while.
Also cool: if they have one album from an artist in master odds are they will have the rest of their catalog in master either already up or on its way.
I should see if they have Riff Raff - Neon Icon in MQA.

**BRENT**

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made an honest attempt to read this article, but couldn’t get past the author’s snooty preachiness. Is it just the old streaming-pays-artists-nothing argument salted with the-ignorant-masses-don’t-appreciate-real-music? (And never mind that in the good old days, nearly all musicians also weren’t well paid because labels pocketed all money and no one bought self-published CDs, and as for musical tastes — I’m sure there’s material for at least a dozen PhD theses buried in the subject.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:15 PM, blessingx said:

Does this damage the “artist owned” Tidal argument? 

All of the artists named as shareholders in Tidal during the streaming service’s all-star launch ceremony in 2015 will remain shareholders under Square’s majority ownership.

So...maybe?

It certainly isn't a minority owned business any more.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:33 PM, skullguise said:

I hope they don't increase pricing.....

I doubt it, they have to remain competitive to keep the business they are in all likelihood losing to Spotify Hi-Fi.

• 2 months later...

Didn't want to create a new thread, but... lossless coming to Apple Music.

Apple Music’s Lossless tier starts at CD quality, which is 16 bit at 44.1 kHz (kilohertz), and goes up to 24 bit at 48 kHz and is playable natively on Apple devices. For the true audiophile, Apple Music also offers Hi-Resolution Lossless all the way up to 24 bit at 192 kHz.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/05/apple-music-announces-spatial-audio-and-lossless-audio/

• Like 2