Apple Watch

So on a whim this afternoon, I looked to see if I could get an appointment at the Apple Store and got right in.  I have to say I'm really glad I got the watch I did.  I kinda liked the aluminum better than the space grey I got in the sport, but I was really impressed with most of them.  Looks-wise, I was drawn to the stainless steel with the modern buckle, but can't justify the additional $200 plus cost.  The band of the sports watch is sooo soft and comfy, it was easy to wear, and I don't wear any jewelry because I can't stand how it feels.  I got to play with actual watch for a bit, and I don't know what people are saying in the reviews that the watch is complicated to figure out.  I obviously only messed around with a couple things in the 20 or so minutes I was there, but I now can't wait for mine to arrive.  The only thing I think that will disappointment me is if the heart rate monitor is wildly inaccurate.

• Like 1

It is apparently very accurate. I saw a post on a running forum this morning where a guy took his Apple Watch and Garmin + chest strap out for a 10K. The distance covered showed exactly the same on both devices and the average heart rate only differed by 1 beat per minute.

• Like 1

Pretty funny article stating that the screen on the sport version is better because it is less reflective.  Apple claimed they couldn't do AR coating because it is prone to scratch.  Seems they really should have consulted with watch manufactures some more. The outside surface of the sapphire is not he only place one can use AR coating effectively.

It is apparently very accurate. I saw a post on a running forum this morning where a guy took his Apple Watch and Garmin + chest strap out for a 10K. The distance covered showed exactly the same on both devices and the average heart rate only differed by 1 beat per minute.

I was planning on doing the same with the Garmin Edge on my bike plus chest strap.  Keeping fingers crossed.  BTW, i noticed that there was a designation for rowing in the exercise section along with things like indoor cycling and outdoor cycling. 

Hmm, I may end up getting one after all.