Apple Watch

Am I the only one could care less about the (current) Apple Watch?

The big killer for me is the battery life. I have a pebble that I don't wear because it needs to be charged about every five days. I guess if one gets into the bedtime routine, the less than a days worth of charge won't be that bad. Would have to wear something else for my Ibiza all nighters.

IMHO the thing is just ugly. Guess I'm not a big fan of a square watch. Ugly square watch. With the only decent looking one being $1K+. No thanks. 

Now the LG Watch Urbane is something I could get into. Who knows about the battery life (probably shitty) but at least is isn't a boring ugly square. And the price is about right for something that one can throw away next year when V2.0 comes out. 

What? It doesn't work with my iPhone? FML, when can I get an Apple Watch?

Am I the only one could care less about the (current) Apple Watch?

Nope, you're not alone.  I'm about to switch to an iPhone for Pete's sake and I still cannot give a single fuck about the watch.  That's not to disparage those who want one, I just don't fit the user profile.  I like my analog watches.   

Now the LG Watch Urbane is something I could get into. Who knows about the battery life (probably shitty) but at least is isn't a boring ugly square. And the price is about right for something that one can throw away next year when V2.0 comes out. 

What? It doesn't work with my iPhone? FML, when can I get an Apple Watch?

Rumors are it will work with the iPhone soon (similar functionality to Pebble).

Course on the subject of square smartwatches, there are advantages to having the display area be useable. ;) 

Oddly, I don't care about the watch/phone/text/etc. else features except as extras.  I got rather addicted to fitness bands the short time I had with the Garmin Vivosmart, but I didn't like how you had to wear the HR chest strap all the time to get it to work, and I didn't like how the FitBits and others didn't work with cycling, and seemed like expensive pedometers.  The Apple Watch seems like it will do everything I'm looking for, and the health app, where the info stores,syncs with MyFitnessPal for calorie count.   If the Apple Watch doesn't do what I'm looking for as a fitness/training band, I'm selling it and getting the Garmin Vivoactive.  It was just fluke that they were coming out at the same time.  I do like the way it looks, though, quite a bit.  

Oh....and I'm concerned about the battery life, too, and am wondering how long it will last with the fitness app open on long rides. As far as charging it everyday, no problem.  I never slept with a watch on, so I don't see a reason to want to now.  

I couldn't be happier with my Pebble.  Well, that's not entirely true... The plastic face has scratches and it occasionally drops its connection with the iPhone.  But with the addition of a nice leather NATO band, it has served me well.  I'd definitely prefer a round watch, and something with a little more style wouldn't hurt my feelings.  But charging it once a week is great and it's tough to beat for the price.  And the newer Pebble offerings don't really interest me... They've managed to make them more expensive and less appealing.  I'll be curious to see how the Android Wear implementation on the iPhone works out since that will definitely open up the market and it's clear a lot of people don't care for the Apple Watch's execution.

Edited by en480c4

Oddly, I don't care about the watch/phone/text/etc. else features except as extras.  I got rather addicted to fitness bands the short time I had with the Garmin Vivosmart, but I didn't like how you had to wear the HR chest strap all the time to get it to work, and I didn't like how the FitBits and others didn't work with cycling, and seemed like expensive pedometers.  The Apple Watch seems like it will do everything I'm looking for, and the health app, where the info stores,syncs with MyFitnessPal for calorie count.   If the Apple Watch doesn't do what I'm looking for as a fitness/training band, I'm selling it and getting the Garmin Vivoactive.  It was just fluke that they were coming out at the same time.  I do like the way it looks, though, quite a bit.  

Oh....and I'm concerned about the battery life, too, and am wondering how long it will last with the fitness app open on long rides. As far as charging it everyday, no problem.  I never slept with a watch on, so I don't see a reason to want to now.  

I've had it for only 5 days now, but I think you are going to be very happy when yours arrives.

As long as you charge it every day you shouldn't have to worry about the battery life.

UPS says my Apple Watch (stainless with classic leather buckle) will be here tomorrow.

But now that I just bought Ben a used Omega birth year watch for his graduation next year, I'm thinking about canceling the space grey sport model that's due to ship in 2-3 weeks. It seems silly to hang onto it for 6 months for his Christmas or birthday gift, when his response to the Apple watch was "meh".

I've decided I'm not a huge fan of the sport with mineral glass screen. I guess I could flip it to someone who doesn't want to wait until June for one...

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

I had thought about posting something about the mega-hype, but feared retribution. I'm glad people like their i-watch, but will be thrilled when the honeymoon period ends.

At least the hype is less than at the Jesus Phone iPhone launch and when was the last time you heard anyone get excited about an iPhone?

;)

Learning the watch, fitness and music (only stored on watch) functions work without a phone nearby, I'm now interested in wireless headphones for the gym.  I suppose I could start a thread, but anyone here using anything?  

I have a pair of Jaybird Bluebuds X that work pretty well for me. Only thing they need are better tips which Comply makes. You could also get some sweet Beats, but then you would miss everyone talking about how sweet your Beats are while wearing them. Which would be a shame. 

• Like 1