Apple Watch

I'm using my Apple Watch from about 10am - 12mn, and the battery is still at 40-50% after that.

But I'm not monitoring longer periods of exercise or making long phone calls. I'm mostly using it to monitor my sedentary lifestyle and make me reach activity goals (650 calories), to catch alerts when VIP emails arrive, and to answer and reply to iMessage and phone calls. i also used it to pay for Starbucks yesterday, without having to pull out my phone app or wallet, which helps when using a pair of crutches.

So, it's met most of my expectations. I just wish I could also have it monitor my sleep duration and quality, so I could ditch the Misfit (which has very decent hands free automatic sleep monitoring).

Just got notification that mine will be here on the 5th, which is nice surprise since I was only hoping it would arrive near the beginning of the May 13-27th timeframe I was given.  I also ordered the Jaybirds, so Tuesday will be new toy day  :prettyprincess:

• Like 2

So, it's met most of my expectations. I just wish I could also have it monitor my sleep duration and quality, so I could ditch the Misfit (which has very decent hands free automatic sleep monitoring).

I had the same issue when I heard about the battery life as I also use a Misfit for sleep tracking. With Misfit Flashes regularly selling for $35 and Misfit already delivering its first Apple Watch app, we'll see about possible future synergy and even if not, $35 to track sleep separately (while the Apple Watch is charging) doesn't seem the end of the world. Or get a Beddit. ;)

I still can't decide if I should cancel the Space Grey Apple Watch Sport, or just let it ship and return it after we've decided (that gives us more time to decide).   Yesterday the Apple website still said it arrives 5/13 - 5/27/15.

Basically Ben isn't sure he wants to pay for one for himself (it's kinda Meh to him), although he said he'd take one as a free Xmas gift.  He's paying for a $600 car dent repair, so I'm sure he's a little strapped for cash now as well.  

I don't want to sit on it for 6 months before Xmas and use up 25% of the warranty, and I don't think I'll be switching back and forth between the grey one and my stainless model.  I prefer the more durable sapphire and stainless that can be polished if scratched. 

What do you guys think?

I had the same issue when I heard about the battery life as I also use a Misfit for sleep tracking. With Misfit Flashes regularly selling for $35 and Misfit already delivering its first Apple Watch app, we'll see about possible future synergy and even if not, $35 to track sleep separately (while the Apple Watch is charging) doesn't seem the end of the world. Or get a Beddit. ;)

I just keep the Misfit hanging on the chain for my medic alert badge, so I don't forget to have it on when I sleep.  But Misfit doesn't seem to give sleep info to the Apple health app, while my Withings Pulse O2 does.  But I have to manually trigger the sleep mode on the Withings and I would forget 2/7 nights.

So does Beddit automatically feed sleep info to the Apple health app?

I still can't decide if I should cancel the Space Grey Apple Watch Sport, or just let it ship and return it after we've decided (that gives us more time to decide). Yesterday the Apple website still said it arrives 5/13 - 5/27/15.

Basically Ben isn't sure he wants to pay for one for himself (it's kinda Meh to him), although he said he'd take one as a free Xmas gift. He's paying for a $600 car dent repair, so I'm sure he's a little strapped for cash now as well.

I don't want to sit on it for 6 months before Xmas and use up 25% of the warranty, and I don't think I'll be switching back and forth between the grey one and my stainless model. I prefer the more durable sapphire and stainless that can be polished if scratched.

What do you guys think?

Just cancel it already.

• Like 1

I just got my watch and, so far, am having a lot of fun with it.  I know that's not necessary the point, but for me, it is.  Well worth the money for the entertainment value alone. Tomorrow will be my first full day with it, so I should settle in and stop bugging everyone I know to call me while we're in the same room.  No.  I think I'll still do that.  :)

Can anyone tell me how to switch out of celsius in the weather app?

• Like 2

I just got my watch and, so far, am having a lot of fun with it.  I know that's not necessary the point, but for me, it is.  Well worth the money for the entertainment value alone. Tomorrow will be my first full day with it, so I should settle in and stop bugging everyone I know to call me while we're in the same room.  No.  I think I'll still do that.   :)

Can anyone tell me how to switch out of celsius in the weather app?

Oh, just wait until you respond to your first text message from the shower! KILLER APP!

Well, I'm not inclined to shower text, but I was able to respond to texts and make calls from my phone while walking all around a not-small building at work today without having my phone on me (as long as there is wi-fi, you're connected).  This is huge for me as I have to have my work phone with me at all times, but since women's clothing doesn't really have the same pocket space as men's, I'm always carrying/setting down/leaving/almost losing my phone.  To keep my phone at my desk while elsewhere is a great benefit I wasn't even thinking of until I could do it.    

• Like 4

Battery life does suck.  It was at 100% at 5:30 this morning.  I've done nothing other than have the fitness app open for an hour and responded to two text messages.  It's now at 38%.  I'm not viewing this as a deal breaker, but others might.  I'm just going to get a second charger to keep at work.  

Battery life does suck.  It was at 100% at 5:30 this morning.  I've done nothing other than have the fitness app open for an hour and responded to two text messages.  It's now at 38%.  I'm not viewing this as a deal breaker, but others might.  I'm just going to get a second charger to keep at work.  

Not happy with this.  

I go through about 50-55% of the battery in 12-14 hours.  

Today I used it for about 15 texts, 5 phone calls, maybe non-text 40 alerts of which I only responded to 3 or 4, looked at 4-5 of the VIP emails, checked the weather twice, checked the time and my activity about 3x an hour, and I have 53% of the battery left.

I go through about 50-55% of the battery in 12-14 hours.  

Today I used it for about 15 texts, 5 phone calls, maybe non-text 40 alerts of which I only responded to 3 or 4, looked at 4-5 of the VIP emails, checked the weather twice, checked the time and my activity about 3x an hour, and I have 53% of the battery left.

I am also surprised you have got your battery down that low.

I don't think mine has been below 25% since I got it, and I've put it through some heavy use.

Maybe it is battery size differences between the 42 and 38mm models?