Santa Claus is having a birthday to-day

wink

Had a great day today.  Thanks for all of the well wishes.  

Got a big surprise actually, which turned out to be one of the best birthday presents I've ever received.  Ironic, because it wasn't intended to be a present and I'm pretty sure nobody even knew that my birthday happened to be today.  

I was in a bit of a grumpy mood this afternoon as I left for a college event hosted on the other side of the Island when I would have rather been watching the game 162 excitement in a baseball season that I've followed more closely than ever in recent years.  But off I went, duty called.  

It was an event to celebrate the 44th anniversary of the little college that I teach at here in Cayman, the so-called founder's day.  Little did I know that I had been selected as one of two inaugural recipients of the first ever (official) teaching award presented by the college during its entire existence.  Lucky me.  It's nice to feel appreciated.

Anyway, it was totally unexpected, and way cool that it happened on my birthday.  I didn't even realize that they were introducing "formal" teaching awards today (or that they ever intended to).  So I feel honored, yada yada.  It's actually nicely framed.

IMG_0091.jpg

• Like 2