MLB playoffs 2014

Wmcmanus

No, my dad can only claim to be a Giants fan since 1958 when he went to the second MLB game on the West coast -- SF Giants versus LA Dodgers with my oldest brother.  My dad grew up in San Francisco and was a Seals fan and recently admitted that before the Giants moved he had liked the Brooklyn Dodgers in the MLB.  I have been a Giants fan for life as a result, and suffered through many A's victories in my youth, including their dominant three consecutive world series titles from 1972-74.

• Like 3

Second game on the West Coast!  Amazing.  We'll give him credit for being a SF Giants fan since the "beginning" and forgive him for missing their first game.  Good that he gave up on the Dodgers when they moved to LA.  Nothing better than being a home town fan, being surrounded by the same, and actually being able to get to games.

• Like 2

Huge 'grats to the Giants and their fans. Al, what a great series - only sorry they didn't finish at home for you.

Bum is a machine. My only thought on last night was, "Gordon had an inside the park HR if they sent him."

Fantastic end to the 2014 season.

I was going to blame you if the Giants lost. Glad it didn't come to that. :cool:

• Like 1

Here's some intellectual masturbation about the odds of Gordon scoring in the bottom of the 9th with two outs.  

http://m.royals.mlb.com/news/article/100150646/statcast-dissecting-alex-gordons-odds-of-scoring-tying-run-in-ninth-inning-of-game-7

Just eyeballing it, it sure seemed like he made the right decision holding him up at 3rd.  I'm not surprised that the data supports that as well.  The only real question is whether the throw would have been accurate...

I think the fact that Perez was compromised seals the argument that Gordon should have been sent. A healthy Perez makes it a hard call, but his power loss and inability to run made his expected batting average under the circumstances well under .285. After not sending Gordon, the Royals should have pinch hit for Perez.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...