MLB playoffs 2014

Wmcmanus

That one was all on Posey.  No way can he be looking for advice or consultation on that.  It's an instinct play and he's probably safe 90% of the time in cases like that, so I think he did the right thing.  Must have been a perfect bounce that allowed a quick and accurate throw.

I'm actually going to miss the Smoltz-Vasgersian announcing team. What a breath of fresh air they are. Smoltz is humble and easily relateable. Vasgersian calls a clean game and gets excited at the right times.

They are so much nicer to listen to than the general awfulness of Joe Buck and Tim McDoofus.

I thought Smoltz as the color-man was a nice change of pace from the gasbag that is our local color-man, Mike Krukow. Kruk is great for getting people in to the game, but his shtick wears thin after 15 years of watching Giants games.

Joe Buck and McCarver are just way too full of themselves.  Jack Buck was so good... but I kind of wish he wasn't because his legendary status is what made Joe's career possible... and speaking of annoying twerps, don't even get me started on Bob Costas!  Agree about Smoltz.  He's good and it doesn't have to be about him all of the time.  Cal Ripkin does pretty well too.

Most excellent!  This will make me feel better if the Orioles win the series.  My KC blood has been stirred up a bit, so I've been pulling for them... but I'll be happy no matter what so long as the Cardinals don't win the World Series!  Anyone but them!!!  Go Giants...

Edited by Wmcmanus

One down for the Giants, three to go.

Can we change Pablo Sandoval's name to Senor Octobre?

That was a balk, but thankfully the game wasn't close enough that it really mattered all that much.

I kind of enjoyed the alternative broadcast, although I felt myself switch over the the regular broadcast early in the game. The alternative broadcast struggled early with focusing on the game action during high leverage situations, but they got quite a bit better as the game went on.