MLB playoffs 2014

Wmcmanus

This morning I learned that I have to drive out with one of the partners at my firm from our office in Marin to go to 7PM city council meeting in the central valley. So much for watching game one on TV.

At least there should be plenty of time to listen to John Miller and co. call a good chunk of the game on KNBR on the ride out. It beats the hell out of listening to Joe Buck.

First blood has been drawn!

I got to hear the big first inning and Bum get out of the 2nd and 3rd with no one out jam right before I had to head in to the council chambers. By the time I got back in the car after our agenda item we were tacking on our 6th and 7th runs. It sounds like I caught the good parts of the game  8)

I get the feeling if the Giants get game 2 this series might be over before it really gets started. **crosses fingers*** Lets see how things go tonight. MLB would like this to go the distance but I'll take a sweep, please.

Gotta love Panda. He is my favorite position player on the team for the joy he brings to the game and for how sneaky athletic he actually is at his size. In the post game interview Dave Flemming asked him what he thought of the noise level of the Royals fans before the game. His response? "Normal, pretty normal, nothing like our fans back in SF." Clearly a lie, but we love you anyways, Panda.

Best of three series. I like having MadBum pitching the first one.

Ya, exactly.  Big win for the Giants tonight.  They looked pretty serious, yet are still playing loose and relaxed baseball which is important too.  It's been a great series so far, can't wait to see what happens next.