MLB playoffs 2014

Wmcmanus

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Screw baseball and their moronic secret ballot Hall of Fame voting. Clemens and Bonds not getting voted in year after year is a disgrace. The way baseball as a sport has handled the PED era is asinine beyond belief. Judge, jury and executioner indeed.

*END RANT*

• 9 months later...
On 1/22/2019 at 3:48 PM, TMoney said:

Screw baseball and their moronic secret ballot Hall of Fame voting. Clemens and Bonds not getting voted in year after year is a disgrace. The way baseball as a sport has handled the PED era is asinine beyond belief. Judge, jury and executioner indeed.

*END RANT*

13 hours ago, TMoney said:

Go Nats!

Love how much traction MLB got here this year. :)

I think the Nats were my quaternary team in the NL, after Braves, Cubs, Giants, but now that they've won, I guess I'll just care even less. (Mainly, I liked their hats, and seeming, I like their chanting fan base.)

Sorry for your loss, Shelly!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

supposedly taubman's punishment effectively equals a permanent ban but the same should have been applied to other folks or they should have taken many more picks away. NBA took away like 5+ years of picks from minnesota for something way less damaging.

feels closer to a slap on the wrist. not surprised.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-10-11/mlb-rule-changes-atlantic-league-tests-tweaks-meant-to-save-baseball

Fun article. The MLB knows it’s game is losing fans (too many strike outs, too few balls in play, not enough stolen bases, too many mound visits), but they are trying to fix it with experiments in the minor leagues. 

Examples: automated balls and strikes (thank god!), larger bases to make steals easier, moving the pitching mound back a foot or two to give batters more reaction time. 

I don't like any of those ideas except for automated balls and strikes. That one is overdue. 

I think baseball should be left alone. It's a slow sport which clashes with the hyper ADD of modern times, but its slow grind is part of what makes it special. 

Of course, I'm old, so I'm not the demographic they care about. 

13 hours ago, robm321 said:

I don't like any of those ideas except for automated balls and strikes. That one is overdue. 

I think baseball should be left alone. It's a slow sport which clashes with the hyper ADD of modern times, but its slow grind is part of what makes it special. 

Of course, I'm old, so I'm not the demographic they care about. 

Agreed, I will take a 1-0 pitcher's duel over a 10-9 slugfest anyday.

• Like 1