Oppo PM3

Orange

Ruh rho. Just heard something I can't unhear. Seems like brushes on snare almost go completely missing to my ears.

On Rickey Lee Jone "Dat Dere" 18 seconds in the drummer starts rubbing the brushes on the snare. It's almost inaudible on the PM3 and clear as day on the HP50. Gonna have to grade these down to a B  or so. Love to hear if other hear this. Full review by the end of the week. 

pulled up the track on tidal. 18 seconds, the brushes sound clear to me on the PM3. For perspective I also listened with the V-Moda M100 I have here at work, sounded fine on those to. If I had to choose I would say the brushes were slightly more present on the M100, but really its close, and I never would have thought to look for a difference unless you pointed it out.

Just barely. Do you have some other cans you can try to see the relative loudness of the brushes in the mix?

Oh and thanks for checking it out.

Not a problem. I'm at work, but I do have my ER4S and JHA Roxanne's. I'm right with Postjack, it does seem slightly attenuated compared to those IEMs, but I wouldn't have noticed without being made aware. 

No...I'm going back to the A-...hell, maybe an A. This is a really good headphone.

I haven't heard the PM1 but I've read your review on it several times. Feels like you are having a similar crisis in the PM3 review, namely that its an imperfect headphone with some obvious flaws, but none of its sins are annoying, and what makes it good is just really really good.

Basically I can listen to it for hours and not notice any of its sins. If I really stop and think about it, or read someone else's opinion, I'm like "oh yeah its missing x y or z", but once I'm listening again I completely forget all that. Pretty neat.

I haven't heard the PM1 but I've read your review on it several times. Feels like you are having a similar crisis in the PM3 review, namely that its an imperfect headphone with some obvious flaws, but none of its sins are annoying, and what makes it good is just really really good.

Basically I can listen to it for hours and not notice any of its sins. If I really stop and think about it, or read someone else's opinion, I'm like "oh yeah its missing x y or z", but once I'm listening again I completely forget all that. Pretty neat.

Actually quite the opposite.  I find the PM3 very close to neutral and relatively flawless (bearing in mind that headphones are rarely anything close to flawless). So, my problem as a reviewer is to identify where they fall short. The problem with the PM3 for me is they don't obviously fall short, and I had to work hard to identify any flaws. That digging for error skews my perception of them as I do it and I have to rebound a bit afterward.

Review out later today. 

• Like 4

I am about to hit the order button on these.  Any reason not to?  

[i am not sure I need a pair of closed headphones since I live by myself now but it can't hurt.  Perhaps it would be useful to have in the office when the students are loud outside my office door. ]

I would be very interested to know how it compares to the HD600 (and whether it is more neutral than the HD600). 

Nice review Tyll.

Is it more neutral than the HD600?

Yup.

I am about to hit the order button on these.  Any reason not to?  

[i am not sure I need a pair of closed headphones since I live by myself now but it can't hurt.  Perhaps it would be useful to have in the office when the students are loud outside my office door. ]

I would be very interested to know how it compares to the HD600 (and whether it is more neutral than the HD600). 

Yeah, I think they're really nice. I think you'll enjoy them.

It hasn't been too obvious from the pictures, but does the single entry happen to have 4 conductors? Interested in balanced drive

Only three conductors on the cables.

• Like 1