Oppo PM3

Orange

I have a pair of these in my possession currently, I still cannot make my mind up on them. I use them with the Oppo HA-2 paired with my iPod Classic.

As a commuting headphone they are superb, good resolution and also excellent isolation, but they lack a little speed (odd I know) and to me sound a little thick and warm.

But to be fair I haven't spent enough time to thoroughly test them, I will try them with the iDAC + iCan see how that work with that system.

I have to say they are very well built, comfort for me is good, but I don't have huge ears, and they look good.

I passed them round the office today, and people were very impressed with how clear they sound.

For a portable planar magnetic headphone, Oppo have done a superb job.

I suppose I should do the trial / money back thing, as I am looking for a good post-surgery closed headphone to run out of my Audiolab 8200 CDQ, which actually sports a Class A headphone amp... If there was someone that was interested in letting me borrow a pair that would be cool as well. I have lots of music to listen to for a month in bed, so good on that front :)

• Like 1

Got the Oppo finally (they were supposed to be here yesterday, damn Fedex or weather).  I like the packaging, very Apple-like.  They feel very solid and are very comfortable on my head (although I have a smaller than average guy size head and my ears are pretty tiny).  They are really light compared to the last two pairs of orthos I owned (LCD-2 and Thunderpants).  Also, so far, they don't suck like most closed headphones (listening with Tidal + ECP DAC + DSHA-1). 

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 1

ECP as in ECP audio dac?

Shelly has a DAC that was originally built as a one-off complement to one of the acrylic Black Diamonds, but has been subsequently separated from its pair. It uses a WM8741 DAC with DSHA style buffers and 1:1 nickel core output transformers.

cnmtjZd.jpg

Edited by dsavitsk
  • Like 2