slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a buddy who runs a record label. Going to send him this article and see what he says.

I'm sure it will all come down to the actual language in the contract, which none of us will ever lay eyes on. My guess is that if they were able to get the police involved the evidence on their side must have been pretty compelling.

I'm sure it will all come down to the actual language in the contract, which none of us will ever lay eyes on. My guess is that if they were able to get the police involved the evidence on their side must have been pretty compelling.

True.

It amazes me how different royalties and rights are overseas on albums. My friend's label has one big artist on it who's going to Ireland at the end of the year. The artists needs a thousand or two cds to have while he's touring. It was cheaper for my friend to send the artwork and cd over to Ireland for duplication than to have him hand carry 3000 cds from the states.

And for what it's worth he thinks that the copyright laws here are way too long. Much more reasonable overseas... unless you're China.

Or the bribe pretty large. From what I understand based on people from that area, the police are very corrupt and money takes precedence over the rule of law.

Edited by Augsburger

Well in most cases I'd agree with you, but since it's Mexico it'll probably come down to who greases the Judge the most.