slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did enjoy the tenor of the discussions in comments on that article, as well.

My wife dictated this little anecdote to me the other evening while reading "Cod". An Icelandic chef, when asked why Icelanders ate Haddock while the UK ate Cod, replied: "We don't eat money."

I really must visit.

My wife dictated this little anecdote to me the other evening while reading "Cod". An Icelandic chef, when asked why Icelanders ate Haddock while the UK ate Cod, replied: "We don't eat money."

I really must visit.

I liked Michael Lewis's take on the whole sorry mess last year. Lots of backstory, which answered a fair number of questions for me.

Wall Street on the Tundra | vanityfair.com

I really must visit.

Well that and we just eat fast food most of the time. There are 12 Subway's in Reykjavik, 4 KFC, 7 Domino's, 3 Pizza Hut and the list goes on and on in a city of 200.000. :P

I liked Michael Lewis's take on the whole sorry mess last year. Lots of backstory, which answered a fair number of questions for me.

Wall Street on the Tundra | vanityfair.com

That's not a bad piece but it reflects the atmosphere of the time it was written in. After a year of what could best be described as parts of Orwell's Animal Farm things have moved on a bit.