slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8aCuc.png

I don't promote violence as a solution to any problem, but then you read something like this and realize that some people just need the shit beat out of them.

I'll volunteer to do it, as many of you are busier people than I.

The kids, or the dad? :)

Maybe beating shit into them will work as well, though I think that's more of a double-edged sword. But as everyone knows, everything is a double-edged sword.

But yeah, I somehow really really doubt he's a "really cool guy."

I grew up with physical abuse. My Dad loved us, but didn't know how to teach. Instead he relied on corporal punishment that almost always went way too far. Doctor visits were not out of the norm for my Brothers and myself as a result. That was a different time. However this is not a whiney, poor, pitiful me story. I got past it, I have a good and relatively happy life, and I forgave my Dad decades ago. I also loved him very much, and he had many, many good qualities as well.

With that being said I think the emotional havoc that would be a certainty from living with an asshole that has no love for you at all, and wants you gone so that he can be a fun loving single "cool guy" again, would be far worse than any physical abuse I ever had to bare. I could find no sympathy for such a self involved POS.

I grew up with physical abuse......

I'm really sorry, and I hope I didn't offend with the comment. Anything that goes that far is clearly just bad bad BAD.

On the flipside - and without being a parent myself yet - it really seems to me that some kids really just need a good kick in the arse......

I'm really sorry, and I hope I didn't offend with the comment. Anything that goes that far is clearly just bad bad BAD.

On the flipside - and without being a parent myself yet - it really seems to me that some kids really just need a good kick in the arse......

Oh not in the least! I understood your injection of comedic prose perfectly. That dude just touched a nerve in me. I'm sure many parents have said similar things in jest, but as a serious inquiry that left me very cold.

i bet you did, he's a delicate snowflake.

You're on a roll today Reks! :D