Keep getting logged out of HC

guzziguy

Yesterday, I finally decided to get Tapatalk working on my phone.  To do that, I needed a new password as I hadn't had to use mine for so long that I had forgotten it.  I logged out, used "forget my password" and logged back in (on my PC).  I also logged in on my phone using Tapatalk.

Now If I'm idle for a short period of time on the PC, where I do most of my HC browsing, it logs me off.  This is a royal PITA.  Can anybody tell me what I did that I get logged off and how to revert back to "remember me" state on the PC?  I do have the "Remember Me" box checked when I log in and it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I always clean out cookies after each session here.

I log on from 3 different computers and still get thrown out if I click on any button except the back arrow button on my browser.

If, say, I click on the forums button I get throw out.

If I re-log in I have to log in again on the next page that shows up.

If I am thrown out, and hit the browser's back arrow, I return to the previous page and am returned to my logged-in again status.

Also, sometimes when I access the forums page to look at the status of the different forums, before I log in, I see some recent posts like in the DIY section that were posted up to a few hours ago. When I log in to look at those threads, I don't see any posts from the last 12-or-so hours.

When I look at the forums page again, they are still there, but not when I access those threads, until after i have shuffled back and forth a few times.

• Like 2

Mine does that all the time and when I arrive at the page it is an old page from months ago that I can refresh and be signed into the modern page.  I lazily just refresh every time for a while but it usually gets too annoying and I go delete cookies and it gets back to normal for a while.

22 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I get logged out of head-case every time I log in using my phone -- I think head-case' (head-case's?) underlying software doesn't like you being logged in from more than two locations.

This, but not always. If I check the forum on Tapatalk sometimes (very few ones) it asks me to fill again the login when browsing on Chrome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I didn't want to start a new thread but even though I posted through tapatalk earlier today, tapatalk closes every time I've tried posting a simple text comment in the Quaffable thread the last hour or so.

Edit: just tried again after this successful post and it happened again. Weird