Here we go again...

tkam

They look nice enough -- how do they sound? Dipoles, huh? How much? Give us all the gory details, inquiring minds (as well as enquiring minds) want to know!

I've only heard them once before but I was completely blown away. Wonderful tonality and powerful dynamics. I'll of course post more impressions and pictures after they arrive. This particular pair is a demo pair with very little use, I paid $2850 shipped they are $5K new. I'll be powering them with a pair of monoblocks that use the ICE power modules that are used in all the belcanto, ps audio, etc amps these days.

I've only heard them once before but I was completely blown away. Wonderful tonality and powerful dynamics. I'll of course post more impressions and pictures after they arrive. This particular pair is a demo pair with very little use, I paid $2850 shipped they are $5K new. I'll be powering them with a pair of monoblocks that use the ICE power modules that are used in all the belcanto, ps audio, etc amps these days.

considering those speakers are like 200 lbs, 2850 shipped is an amazing deal, congrats! those ICE power modules are powerful, you should have zero issues driving them.

The speakers arrived yesterday and while I'm just driving them with an old rotel amp till the new amps arrive I must say that I'm already impressed. They have this wonderful ability to to totally disappear in the room and let the music take hold of you. Very engaging, dynamic sound. Great stuff so far.

I'll post some pics tonight if I can pull myself away from listening for a couple minutes ;).

No, seriously, report back -- I'm looking for an omnidirectional speaker, and might consider a dipole. Please especially let me know how the off-axis response is.

Still pretty early on but so far they seem to have an amazing horizontal off-axis response. As far as the vertical off-axis response it's pretty good except for the treble as pretty much all ribbon tweeters suffer from rather poor vertical off-axis response.