HeadphoneAddict seriously injured in car accident

Blutarsky

The Eagles are on right now over here.  This one's for you and your daughter, Larry.  One day at a time.  That's all we can do.  

Take it easy

Take it easy

Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy

Lighten up while you still can

Don't even try to understand

Just find a place to make your stand

Take it easy.

• Like 2

Larry, as many others have said, you need to refocus your attention. Now the priority is recovery, and getting you both back to the closest as possible to normal. It will take time, effort and dedication. Law school isn't going anywhere, it will be there waiting for her, but she needs to pay attention to her PT and taking things as slow as required to avoid having 60 year old ankles at 20. That's the priority now once you're tired to thank whoever you believe in for sparing your lives.

Sorry for both of you guys.

As for your daughter - 21 is a good age to skip a year (if there ever is one). After 18 and high school everyone more or less equalizes until they get families and kids of their own - none's gonna frown on you about being one year older in college. She just needs to do some studying of her own to not lose any of what she has already learned.

It's not easy to be out of the loop for a year, but I reckon it beats getting crunchy ankles for the rest of your life.

Man, this sucks. Looking at those pictures, you're really lucky to be alive. Right now, I think you need to focus on the positives, not the negatives, remember that the pain will pass, and most of all you need to do whatever you can to ensure the best long-term health for you and your daughter. As others have said, school isn't going anywhere, and there's no rush.

Hang in there. I can only wish you both all the best.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Larry.  We're all pulling for you and your daughter.  You both will remain in my thoughts and prayers.  I know it must be an awful feeling not to be able to help your child or being able to tell her that she'll be alright, let alone to manage your own pain and emotions.  But just know that the fact that you are there with her right by her side for every step along the way will mean the world to her.

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 1

While it's awful this had to happen at all, thank goodness both of you made it through. It sounds like a rough road ahead, but never stop being thankful for it. I'm sure that with time and effort, you can get to a place of contentment again. I'm pulling for both of you!

Peter said it best. Life is precious.

• Like 6

This is terrible, Larry -- I just on for the first time in a week, and this was awful news.  I've known you and McKenna both for the better part of a decade, and it's truly unthinkable.  I can only imagine the pain and frustration you feel, and I have nothing for it.  I wish I did.

I'll be back in COS late January, reach out to me before then and I'll do whatever I can to see you're both in as good of shape as you can be.  

Those pictures look horrific.  It's fantastic that you're both alive.

Edited by Sherwood

McKenna is doing a little better today in terms of swelling and pain control. They are tentatively planning her follow-up surgery on Monday, 29 December. Her initial surgery was done on Wednesday the 17th.

I'm done with surgery for now, but they think I'm more likely to need the rehab hospital than her, because of my crazy medical history and being 40 pounds overweight.

Thanks for all the prayers, and keep them coming please!

• Like 2