HeadphoneAddict seriously injured in car accident

Blutarsky

So I'm heading up to Denver to spend the night before surgery, since my checkin time for surgery is 5:30am and I'd rather make the hour and a half drive tonight.  Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. 

Good luck, Larry!

Come race with us once you heal up.

• Like 1

Hey gang,

So, I woke up in post-op recovery about 4 hours ago.  I'm having much better pain control than the last few leg surgeries. I've got a 1mg/hour morphine drip and can push a button to get an extra 1mg every 10 minutes, but only need it like every 30-60 minutes.

The doctor says things went really well, and if I hadn't swapped the old skinny rod in my femur for this fatter one that I'd probably have never had my bone heal.  The old rod wasn't very tight inside the bone anymore, and I was wobbling around on the rod, basically re-breakng any bone that would have been healing.

i was very scared to have a fifth surgery after the accident, but I'm so happy that I did.

I'll likely go home Saturday, but I'm hoping that if my pain is under control and my weight bearing with physical therapy goes well today that I could go home tomorrow (30-40% chance if I push hard). 

• Like 10

I may be their first patient to go in for an "exchange nailing" of the femur rod who went home the next day.  Sayonara Swedish Medical Center, hello home with my new tempur-pedic bed...

The doctor, physical therapist, and occupational therapist saw how well I was doing moving around, and cleared me for discharge. My fracture doesn't hurt anymore, but boy am I sore around the incisions, with tender and stiff muscles all around my upper leg!  So, I get to double my dose of Oxycodone for the next several days. Can you say Buzz?

Edited by HeadphoneAddict
  • Like 5

Today has been a tough day, not so much for pain but an upset stomach and nausea from the pain meds, and a empty feeling in my pit that usually goes away with food or antacids.  Have had some chills and a headache, but no fever.  Going to bed soon...

Edited by HeadphoneAddict
how does autocorrect choose holly in place of empty