and now for something completely different part 3

kevin gilmore

Found a new ADC & DAC device for testing my CFA2 amps with RMAA.
The RME ADI-2 PRO FS R Black Edition has a recent price drop to $1699.
Here it is testing one foot XLR balanced cables.
It is much better than my older Benchmark ADC1 & DAC2.
I'll test my CFA2 dual balanced mono amps soon.

RightMark Audio Analyzer test _ RME ADI-2 Pro.pdf

rmeadi2pro.jpg

RightMark Audio Analyzer test _ RME ADI-2 Pro_Page_1.jpg

RightMark Audio Analyzer test _ RME ADI-2 Pro_Page_2.jpg

RightMark Audio Analyzer test _ RME ADI-2 Pro_Page_3.jpg

RightMark Audio Analyzer test _ RME ADI-2 Pro_Page_4.jpg

• Like 1

What did you load the Dynalo with? I find that 30/300 Ohm loads work nice and you need to come up with a voltage target that's relevant for headphones.

P.S. Am I the only one who can't download these reports? My browser just loads for a little bit and then nothing, the download doesn't start.

1 minute ago, RudeWolf said:

What did you load the Dynalo with? I find that 30/300 Ohm loads work nice and you need to come up with a voltage target that's relevant for headphones.

P.S. Am I the only one who can't download these reports? My browser just loads for a little bit and then nothing, the download doesn't start.

Im using windows and chrome. I right click on the download, select open in new window and then hit enter in the url of that new window to download....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RudeWolf said:

These are just balanced XLR cables in and XLR cables out of the dynalo. No added loads.

I'll look into adding loads.

On 11/26/2022 at 1:02 AM, JoaMat said:

Some progress with Tube Hybrid(something).

IMG_1428.thumb.jpg.45ceb2881f48ded7a68892f67ad0e7ed.jpg
PSU; left – Board with filament transformer and transformer for GRHV style regulator (+100V). To the right is Connex SMPS, put it in top of the first board and you have PSU with 6.3VAC, +100VDC and +/-30VDC.

BZ8A0520.thumb.jpg.d2c0e37608ad192dfa1751bd63818d38.jpg
Amplifier board with a tube daughter board. The required -5V is done on the amplifier board with a smd 7905 and a few capacitors.

Will it work? Who knows?

The answer is No. It doesn’t work.

The bottom line is I’ve big trouble get it working. So, I'll put my version of a Tube Hybrid on hold. Probably for a looong time.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

The resolution of these measurements look mind blowing precise down to 5 digits. Being able to tell the difference between lid open and lid closed is no joke. 

Have you ever compared your setup measurements with any other pro gear? Just wondering how really accurate and repeatable those are.