absolute cheapest vinyl rig possible...

recstar24

Get the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (399$) or the newer Debut Carbon DC (449$). In stock everywhere and it's not too terribly much more than the U-Turn upgraded model.

It seems the Wow+Flutter of the U-Turn winds us measuring about twice as high as specs (tested on multiple decks), and that may be something you care about.

The Carbon comes with the well regarded 99$ Ortofon 2M-Red installed, which is standard fare on even the 999$ and 1500$ VPI turntables out now.

(I have been looking to buy something for the past year, and after reading everything and talking to friends who have heard lots of stuff, it seems these are the way to go, especially since the U-Turn is a few months out.)

**BRENT**

• 1 year later...

Thread revival!

Finally ordered something lol.  I went with a blue uturn, ortofon OM5E and built in phono.  Will hook up to existing emotiva DC1 thingy and emotiva actives.  Didn't bother with the acryllic platter even though IT LOOKS SO PRETTY, nor the cue lever, because I am a big boy and can manually drop my needle nice and gently.

• Like 6

Just now, recstar24 said:

Postie's forum is all about team minimal

Posteigh didn't pay the bills, so his forum, along with the dearth of information and ideologies therein, are no more. Therefore, we default to HC Default of Team Minimal, which follows the teachings of ca. 2009 @boomana, which is "have all the things, and make them the best things, but make sure you have one for the office and one for home, and don't forget the portable one."

**BRENT**

• Like 2