What the hell do you have to do to get an amp from singlepower?

hungrych

That's all well and good for new customers but the issue here seems to be people that have already paid for services and are not receiving them in any sort of timely fashion. And it's not just as simple as calling your credit card to cancel your order if you've sent the guy your amp to upgrade. And it doesn't seem like calling for an update really works since all he does is placate you by telling you that it's nearly done and should ship soon. The net result is that he gets to it when he gets to it and that's that. I didn't realize that things had gotten as bad as they appear to have based on recent threads and conversations with folks. Not good...

This is true. And I guess the recent customer complaints, as well as the release of the stupidest fucking amp ever (according to me), has probably slowed new orders. Its just easier to buy a used ppx or mpx then wait for a new extreme, or a new stupidest fucking amp ever made.

of course if you like dumb fucking amps you have no choice but to order one new.

not the extreme, the small tube amp.

Gotcha. Heck, Mikhail has mixed his lineup so much lately that I'm having a hard time recalling which new model is which myself. Wish he'd update his website. Would make things much easier!

the warranty transfers to the new owner.

I think the point was what good is a warranty if your without the amp for 6 months while it's being repaired. Maybe he treats repairs different than upgrades though?

It's worth noting (as it seems like I'm bashing Singlepower here) that I like Mikhail. We've shared meals and candid conversations so I feel like I know the man in addition to knowing a bit about his business. My general feeling is that he's currently a victim of his success and a desire to please all of his customers. He's taken on way too much and needs to put a stop to it before he does serious damage to his brand.

Gotcha. Heck, Mikhail has mixed his lineup so much lately that I'm having a hard time recalling which new model is which myself. Wish he'd update his website. Would make things much easier!

For sure. And I should point out I know nothing of amp design, I just think the new small tube amp is really stupid, and really dumb as well.

They say it is "transportable". My ass. My PPX3 is also "transportable". The difference is my PPX3 isn't small and stupid.

The first time I ordered an amp from Mikhail, it came in bit later (week or two) than the estimated time of delivery he gave me when I ordered the amp. When I subsequently had to send the amp back in for a repair and a minor upgrade, it came back within a month. This was about an year or two ago, though.

I have a custom amp that I ordered sometime late last year that I'm waiting for, though some of the delays were due to my stupidity.

, though some of the delays were due to my stupidity.

as for everyone else in this thread....

bwah hahahahahahhaa :-*

what? cant hear you guys I have my b52 on and my raptor,hr2,xp7,sr71,hornet,tomahawk rite next to me just in case//and unlike you bitches they all are here and ready to be used and listened to..unlike you fuck heads...

don't worry though, i also have to some time "if" anything would go wrong..but its only a 45min drive and i am back home listening...

oh i am sorry does that piss you fucks off that have been waiting for months? awww

(totally joking!) (so going to run out of here now!!!)

(love you)

as for everyone else in this thread....

bwah hahahahahahhaa :-*

what? cant hear you guys I have my b52 on and my raptor,hr2,xp7,sr71,hornet,tomahawk rite next to me just in case//and unlike you bitches they all are here and ready to be used and listened to..unlike you fuck heads...

don't worry though, i also have to some time "if" anything would go wrong..but its only a 45min drive and i am back home listening...

oh i am sorry does that piss you fucks off that have been waiting for months? awww

(totally joking!) (so going to run out of here now!!!)

(love you)

untitled1hq0.jpg

And it doesn't seem like calling for an update really works since all he does is placate you by telling you that it's nearly done and should ship soon. The net result is that he gets to it when he gets to it and that's that. I didn't realize that things had gotten as bad as they appear to have based on recent threads and conversations with folks. Not good...

The key is to make enough of a pest of yourself so that he makes the time to work on the amp. This is known as the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" theory of customer service. If you don't bitch enough, he ain't gonna serve you until he feels like it, which may be never, if you call him up every day and go "where's my amp? I want my fucking amp done now or else!" he will break down and get your amp done, and if he doesn't then you fuck him up good on Head-fi.

The key is to make enough of a pest of yourself so that he makes the time to work on the amp. This is known as the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" theory of customer service. If you don't bitch enough, he ain't gonna serve you until he feels like it, which may be never, if you call him up every day and go "where's my amp? I want my fucking amp done now or else!" he will break down and get your amp done, and if he doesn't then you fuck him up good on Head-fi.

I don't really want to beat a dead horse here but I think it's gotten to the point where there are so many squeaky wheels that there can never be enough grease. And good luck posting something like this on Head-Fi, the SP mafia will come out in full force. ;D

If you don't like single powers service, stop ordering from them damn...

Biggie.

WTF am I supposed to do, I can't have a half-assembled amp sent to me.

And I don't know how far some of your real life customer service experience goes, but bitching angrily is going to make people give you less service.

WTF am I supposed to do, I can't have a half-assembled amp sent to me.

And I don't know how far some of your real life customer service experience goes, but bitching angrily is going to make people give you less service.

not on headfi, where people make buying decisions based on forum gossip...

edit: you have indicated on irc that your parents know about the situation. i know it sounds stupid, but if you get an adult (aka your dad) to chew him out it will be much more effective.

edit2: yes it is probably pretty embarrassing but it will work.

I have quite a bit of experience on both sides, as a customer and as the guy who had to answer the phones and deal with customers at a small business.

From the business side, if a customer calls me only once a month or once every 2 months, he probably doesn't care too much and I can string him along as long as I damn well please. Yes yes we've been terribly busy, we're very sorry and we'll get to it as soon as we can. Click. And we're good for at least another month when we get to do it all over again. I spend 5-10 minutes on the phone every month or two and I don't have to do jack shit about him. I can just let him hang while I do more profitable projects.

On the other hand a customer who calls in every day and goes "is it fucking done yet?" and gives us shit for our excuses (real or not) gets very annoying very fast. After a short while of dealing with the cockmunch, we just want to get the asshole out of our lives any way we can. So we buckle down, do his project ahead of the others and send him on his way, then we hope to god we never have to deal with the goddamn fucker again.

If you don't like single powers service, stop ordering from them damn...

Biggie.

i didn't say I didn't like his service. I think the guy is cool, i was just saying he is a hard man to get a hold of. Anyway, i hardly listen to my headphone stuff, and I don't mind not dropping down 3 grand like I need to sustain some addiction. I had the urge, and it passed. If I really needed an amp, I guess I'd be calling him alot like the other guy.

So I do like his bad service. Thanks for helping me not waste a lot of money ; ).

not on headfi, where people make buying decisions based on forum gossip...

edit: you have indicated on irc that your parents know about the situation. i know it sounds stupid, but if you get an adult (aka your dad) to chew him out it will be much more effective.

edit2: yes it is probably pretty embarrassing but it will work.

I doubt they know my age. And on the phone I sound exactly like my dad.

You have a good point Aerius.