Online live concerts thread

Dusty Chalk

I've been getting some free concerts (streaming, not download) from Qello, and I know there's at least one other Styx fan (Mikey?) so thought I'd share -- doesn't even require signing up (they're trying to promote the snot out of it, so they're actually releasing some entirely for free.

Styx

Peter Gabriel

If you follow them on Facebook, there are others -- Michael McDonald doing Motown, Waylon Jennings being Waylon Jennings, etc.

Highly recommended.

Feel free to share other services.

What you got?

There was a place in Amsterdam that used to stream every show they ever had come through their doors, saw The Gathering perform the entirety of Black Light District that way before actually seeing them play it for myself.

No, don't remember the name of the venue or the website, alas.  Wouldn't mind seeing that again, goddamn, I love The Gathering.

• Like 1

I get all my concerts from dimeadozen.org.  It's all audience taped, but some of it is really good.  Not sure if that is what you are looking for though.

And I'll totally second your love for The Gathering; however, I have not seen them live, so.... you suck ;)

Oh, I suck more than you know -- I saw them several times -- the first time on the 'How to Measure a Planet?' tour, was right in front of the bassist, and not that far off from Anneke.  As well as seeing them again later, but to me, that was the lineup, and I'm very fond of my memories of that night.

Didn't realize when I posted it that the Peter Gabriel show was an older show from 1987, so he plays lots from his third, fourth, and fifth albums, IMHO, the zenith of his career.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nils Frahm & Dawn of MIDI (melodic experimental electronica -- short, appear to be incomplete, I would love to know what Nils is doing with those big things behind him, they're some sort of custom instrument -- I'm thinking pipe organ, but for all I know they're cajones...big cajones :/ ).

EDIT:  Looks like I came in towards the end, but otherwise it's a lot longer than 16:00.   :palm: @ self.