ENIGMAcoustics Hybrid Electrostatic Headphones

nopants

I was clicking on some old links to Walt Jung articles and it took me the the xpress homepage instead. I spotted this:

http://audioxpress.com/article/New-Hybrid-Electrostatic-Headphones-and-Tube-Hybrid-Headphone-Amplifier-from-ENIGMAcoustics.html

I don't know what to make of the headphones, but why is there only a render if they're supposedly due out in May?

The Dharma D1000 headphone takes full advantage of ENIGMAcoustics’ SBESL (Self-Biased Electrostatic) technology, offering electrostatic transparency, focus, and inner detail without the need for an external energizer to provide a polarizing voltage. Instead, the bias voltage is derived from the signal itself in a proprietary manner, making Dharma, according to the company “an easy to use, convenient, and with its light weight, very comfortable headphone.”

ENIGMAcousticsAthena%20image1Web.jpg

Enigmatically upside down

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, HemiSam said:

Worth the $ in your opinion, purk?  I'm not looking but I am curious.

HS

I very much think so but I still definitely prefer the HD800.  It actually sound really good next to the HD800 out of the Susy Dynahi.  It is very open and airy sounding with very solid bass response.  The treble is very slightly forward but overall it sure sounds quite good to my ears even next to a well amped HD800.  Couple of ATL guys also think so.   

9 hours ago, Jon L said:

Hmm.  Wonder how they compare to AKG K340..

I don't have the K340 any more but this do sound good next to the HD800.  So I would probably say that they are better.  I can borrow the K340 from a friend but the Dharma will be long gone by then.

Edited by purk
  • Like 1