Schiit Yggdrasil

postjack

I'm still spinning SACD hence the reason why I want to get the Modwright 105 as a source upgrade as it is a true universal player/DAC.  However, the Yggy is pretty much on my radar as well given many positive impressions.

I'm in the same boat with a considerable investment in physical SACDs.

If Yggy sounds as good as advertised at the meet this weekend I'll have to give her a try. It looks like they have a 15 day window to return it if you are dissatisfied.

If all I'm risking is the 5% restocking fee and shipping to see if Oppo converting to PCM -> YGGY sounds better than the stock Oppo then that might be a gamble I'm willing to take.

I'm in the same boat with a considerable investment in physical SACDs.

If Yggy sounds as good as advertised at the meet this weekend I'll have to give her a try. It looks like they have a 15 day window to return it if you are dissatisfied.

If all I'm risking is the 5% restocking fee and shipping to see if Oppo converting to PCM -> YGGY sounds better than the stock Oppo then that might be a gamble I'm willing to take.

Please report back when you get a chance  to compare the two.  My reason for modwright is that Dan work is quite amazing.  My Modwright SCD-777ES still sound considerably better than my NAD M51 playing the same SACD materials.  I know that Dan's Oppo should be couple of notches better than my 777ES by now.

Please report back when you get a chance to compare the two. My reason for modwright is that Dan work is quite amazing. My Modwright SCD-777ES still sound considerably better than my NAD M51 playing the same SACD materials. I know that Dan's Oppo should be couple of notches better than my 777ES by now.

If you are talking about the oppo dac,

I had the Oppo HA1 amp/dac combo which is said to be just as good id not better than the stand alone dac...

None of these dacs come close to the yggy..

I have also had borrowed...

blabla edit,

due to possible hyperbowl/diarrea,

So suffice to say I am convince yggy is auperior..

dont want anyone to vomit over reading excessive posts..

And no I purposely do not use spellcheck .

1st post or 100th, my point was only to post my impression.

Edit:

now that I think of it,

I can see how it would be difficult to believe a "first time poster",

but you can find me on the other websites I posted there in past.

I finnally decide to look here more

:)

post-4716-0-14129700-1436985827.png

Oh for fucks sake.

Saw this in the Oppo BDP-105 user manual. Guess I won't be ordering a Yggy after all.

Due to copyright restrictions, SACD audio cannot be sent through the coaxial or optical digital audio output. To listen to SACDs, please use the HDMI or analog audio connections. 

There are these things call torrents where you can get all the SACD's you'd want.  :)  Also no SACD player would ever output digital in any useable format. 

Ohh and Lampazitor is pure and utter crap. 

Well..it is quite a bit more risky here in the States.  :)

Oh for fucks sake.

Saw this in the Oppo BDP-105 user manual. Guess I won't be ordering a Yggy after all.

Yeah, this is true of most SACD and Blu-Ray players, if not all.  And in anticipation of your next question ("then why have a DSD DAC?"), it's for when you're streaming DSD files from a computer, so USB mostly.

Yeah, this is true of most SACD and Blu-Ray players, if not all.  And in anticipation of your next question ("then why have a DSD DAC?"), it's for when you're streaming DSD files from a computer, so USB mostly.

Presumably you could stream DSD over HDMI (which Yggy does not have) also.

haha see,

I'm already learning something from this site as regards to the Lampi brand..

Anyways I like to elaborate on why I feel yiggy is "too" good...

Edit:

Sorry too long.

I deleted what you all already know, that I hear substantial improvement over other dacs I tried.

And no I dont have any better ears than anyone,

So users need to hear for themselves to know.

Yes Lampizator is shit and the Yggdrasil isn't bad, but if you're going to diarrhea different brand names all over the place head-fi might be better suited for waxing poetic.

Do you guys have significant collections of DSD music? In all my days as a pirate I have never come across a place to pick up any material in that format.

Well..it is quite a bit more risky here in the States.   :)

It's practically legal up here.  ;D

Presumably you could stream DSD over HDMI (which Yggy does not have) also.

You always need a handshake between the two components to make sure you don't do anything "wrong" with the signal.  Sony did it with some of their stuff but most had to resort to special connections. 

Yes Lampizator is shit and the Yggdrasil isn't bad, but if you're going to diarrhea different brand names all over the place head-fi might be better suited for waxing poetic.

Do you guys have significant collections of DSD music? In all my days as a pirate I have never come across a place to pick up any material in that format.

You to can take some advice and go diarria some other thread looking for free DSD..

If you dont wanna hear the truth or comparisons that is your perogative,

so there you go,

so since you dont like me to wax any poetics, I oblige.