Schiit Yggdrasil

postjack

You to can take some advice and go diarria some other thread looking for free DSD..

If you dont wanna hear the truth or comparisons that is your perogative,

so there you go,

so since you dont like me to wax any poetics, I oblige.

This isn't the forum you're looking for. You should leave.

I'm just trying to point you to the right place where people with diarrhea, just like you, are willing to listen

I only want to help, diarrhea isn't something you have to go through alone

sometimes when I have diarrhea I also take it to headfi, please I'm begging you you're tearing us apart

This isn't the forum you're looking for. You should leave.

I wasnt looking for a forum.

I thought I was in a Schiit Yggrasil thread.

Seems like instead I entered an alchoholics or hate group.

So you could be right.

I guess I will do you all a favor and leave this thread.

Maybe that make you happy.

Or maybe you will all stay miserable.

Thank all of you for your concerns,

that touched me.

Actually I hate to say this but I am starting to see evwryones view and decide to clean up those "diarrea posts",

Only because I want to be a bit like you,

but dont let that get to your head now.

I am still learning how this site operates..

I didn't touch anyone you can't pin shit on me

but I wasn't being misleading or anything headfi is the place to do that sort of thing. even I take the time to separate certain posts between the two forums because this place is enjoyable and stuff like impressions is kind of the antithesis of that

• Like 1

I didn't touch anyone you can't pin shit on me

but I wasn't being misleading or anything headfi is the place to do that sort of thing. even I take the time to separate certain posts between the two forums because this place is enjoyable and stuff like impressions is kind of the antithesis of that

You don't speak for everyone here or have a perfect handle on what "this place" is or isn't about.  You might want to take your own advice and show more discretion in your posts.

So, maybe my testing methods are wrong, but I have been pretty shocked by the Yggdrasil, and that's up against my NWO-Master and an AudioNote 4.1.

I actually volume level matched using my Model 4 (MH LIO8) and its software.  Then I started the same song at the exact time so I could switch back and forth between sources (2 at a time) with the click of a button.  My buddy did this with me in a second session so I could make sure i wasn't crazy (it was that uncanny)

To say the least, we were totally shocked.  They all sounded pretty much the same, what?  It made me think of this ridiculous idea that all DACs sound the same.

Please tell me if my testing method is whack?

I am now wondering if all the immeasurable audiophile differences people seem to hear can primarily be chalked up to volume mismatches.  I can say that when the volume was off even slightly the sources sounded quite different.  The second they were the same, it's as if they became exactly the same unit. We had to stop the music to make sure it was a valid test.  I actually had done the test myself and stopped the music to make sure I wasn't crazy.  Without prompting, my friend asked me to do the same thing.

Whatever, maybe it just means the Yggdrasil is an amazing DAC...

Edited by blubliss

So, maybe my testing methods are wrong, but I have been pretty shocked by the Yggdrasil, and that's up against my NWO-Master and an AudioNote 4.1.

I actually volume level matched using my Model 4 (MH LIO8) and its software.  Then I started the same song at the exact time so I could switch back and forth between sources (2 at a time) with the click of a button.  My buddy did this with me in a second session so I could make sure i wasn't crazy (it was that uncanny)

To say the least, we were totally shocked.  They all sounded pretty much the same, what?  It made me think of this ridiculous idea that all DACs sound the same.

Please tell me if my testing method is whack?

I am now wondering if all the immeasurable audiophile differences people seem to hear can primarily be chalked up to volume mismatches.  I can say that when the volume was off even slightly the sources sounded quite different.  The second they were the same, it's as if they became exactly the same unit. We had to stop the music to make sure it was a valid test.  I actually had done the test myself and stopped the music to make sure I wasn't crazy.  Without prompting, my friend asked me to do the same thing.

Whatever, maybe it just means the Yggdrasil is an amazing DAC...

The past couple of years I've slowly been drifting into the "all DACs pretty much sound the same" camp, which is terrifying because I used to firmly believe I was hearing differences between DACs.

I have an Oppo 105 but I don't use it for music, never liked it in that role.  Maybe if I did the same test it would be on the level, but I'm not interested in that test.  I have a bias against the sabre stuff.

I don't like the Oppo 105 as a DAC either but putting it up against your other two DACs should reaffirm whether it is a matter of volume matching or the Yggy & NWO are truly superior.

Actually, I hold the Lampizator in high regards in terms of sound quality it really is that good. Lukuz seems to have ironed out most build issues and variations his earlier units had. Whether or not its worth it is up to the listener.

Edited by DefQon

I had a chance to listen to a couple of Yggy based rigs at the SF Bay Area head-fi meet today and I was pretty darn impressed.

I ordered one. It should make a nice compliment to the Oppo.

idnMpmlh.jpg

--

I had a chance to hear the new Eddie Current Studio amp running off a Yggy. Holy fuck, that thing sounds amazing. Hands down the most impressive (dynamic) amp of the meet. Good thing its so goddamn expensive or I'd be tempted.

I almost walked out of there with a Zana Deux amp to run my HD 600s but then I remembered I had 009s at home  8)

y6g2aSzh.jpg

Most impressive electrostat amp was Frank Cooter's latest masterpiece. It was easily the most beautiful DIY amp I've ever seen.

btsFpCeh.jpg

EoJtEGJh.jpg

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1