HC NBA Ballers

TMoney

Same thing, Bryan! I haven't watched a game in months. I'm still recovering from that awesome and horrible World Series and have needed a break from sports. Randomly looked at the score and decided to tune in. Got rewarded with a great one! Kyrie was flat all game and then went crazy in OT!

Anyone following the Knicks at all? They've been a dumpster fire for years but this season has been nothing but crazy drama and horrible losses. Recently Derrick Rose went completely MIA for a game, Phil has been trying his hardest to trade Melo while throwing a lot of shade, and now Oakley got into a fight with security at MSG and is now banned by Dolan. 

I think the Knicks will be fine in the long run. They have Porzingis, and that is what matters. All this stuff going on right now is just noise and won't matter in a few years when Porzingis is playing at an all-star level.

I do hope they move Carmelo soon. I personally have always disliked him as a player and I think it'd be in the best interest of both sides if he moved on. I can't really blame Phil Jax for resigning him.

What you can blame Phil for is signing guys like J. Noah to a long-term deal... that looks like an absolute disaster. The only thing the Knicks need to avoid is signing long-term deals with players who will decline as Porzingis starts to reach his peak.

The Oakley thing is an embarrassment. It should never have come to that. That being said, Oakley can't get belligerent like that with security and expect any sympathy from me. The video is very damning to him, IMO. It is not surprising to learn that Oakley's track record with public blow-ups is very poor.

It is easy to kick the Knicks when they get down or bitch about their unpopular owner. The Knicks future is far from hopeless though.

Edited by TMoney

Hope you're right but if the past is any indication the Knicks are gonna be in for a long one. I think Dolan is doing a pretty good job of taking back from Phil his status as the most hated man in New York. :P  I mean, there's got to be a reason the players who have been through the revolving door that is the Knicks usually are better on other teams. The whole Triangle thing is only part of it. Melo's 5 year contract with the no trade clause was nutty from the start, and yeah Joakim's contract doesn't make sense, either. Then there was that whole Bargnani thing. Only good thing has been Porzingis but he's been having problems with his Achilles because they've been playing him crazy minutes when he's a young 7'3 sophomore in the league. Might be why he keeps camping around the 3 point line and doesn't look as aggressive. 

Twitter's been going nuts about the Dolan/Oakley incident. Going to be interesting what happens at the Knicks game tonight, for sure :D 

Sounds like he wants to brush it under the rug, to me.

That being said, I always liked the way Oakley played in terms of his tenacity. A true 'enforcer' who always had his teammates backs... when that type of physical play was still acceptable in the league. 

But he's really stepped out of bounds on this one, so they really shouldn't just pretend like it didn't happen. Ban him form MSG for the rest of the season, perhaps, rather than indefinitely.

In any case, the rumors circulating seem to point to some serious alcohol problems. To the extent that may be true, I hope he gets the help he needs. That's never easy for anyone...

If he's willing to resign with the Pels when his contract is up, the Kings shafted themselves hard, as usual. New twin towers!

Speaking of twin towers, did anyone see The Admiral at Canjam? Pretty hard to miss a 7 footer, but I didn't see him until some pics of the event afterwards, and then a few weeks later he was one of the judges for the All Star dunk contest. 

13 minutes ago, mypasswordis said:

Damn it! I close twitter for 2 hours and this shit happens!

Man... I loves me some NBA!

The Magic-Man in charge in LA. I hope he knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

I've long been a twitter follower of his and yeah... he posts some really unintentionally funny tweets.

Despite his goofy public persona, I've always thought of Magic as a bright guy when the lights are off.

I think he will do OK leading the Lakers but I also thought Phil Jackson would do OK leading the Knicks so what do I know?

• Like 1

I'm sure most people back then, including Phil, thought he'd be doing OK with the Knicks right now :P 

Magic already made his first move in the same day. Lou Williams to the Rockets for a first round pick and Corey Brewer. While the first round pick is the right idea, Corey's contract next year is actually slightly bigger than Lou's and it's definitely going to be a very late first round pick. I can't help but think part of the rationale was to give a nice little present to the Warriors in the post season this year, especially because Jerry West doesn't want to come back.

On 2/22/2017 at 0:41 PM, TMoney said:

I've long been a twitter follower of his and yeah... he posts some really unintentionally funny tweets.

Despite his goofy public persona, I've always thought of Magic as a bright guy when the lights are off.

I think he will do OK leading the Lakers but I also thought Phil Jackson would do OK leading the Knicks so what do I know?

Phil had three top ten players of all time, so he had to do okay.  MJ, Kobe, and Shaq are once a generation players.  What Pop is doing with SA is much more impressive IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 0:33 PM, TMoney said:
Holy shit man! What a pass!

Play of the year candidate for sure!

Hate to say it, but lucky pass. No way did he intend to throw it between his legs. Was trying to get the pass there ahead of the defender. Still a great play to watch, but he didn't call bank (as they say).

• Like 1