HC NBA Ballers

TMoney

Could be nice for people in the area to go see game 2 live since the series might not come back to Oakland!

How does easy money sniper aka KD aka Slim Reaper aka Durantula even exist? 6'11 with freak athleticism and handles, passing, speed, and accuracy comparable to any of the best guards

TestyCavernousLadybug.gif

Edited by mypasswordis
  • Like 2

I'm having to remind everyone today that GSW won g1 and g2 of last years finals by like 10 and 30 point margins and still lost the series.

The Cavs will play better. Regression to the mean is a powerful thing.

That being said, boy, Cleveland just has no one with a prayer of defending KD other than LeBron.

Asking LeBron to defend KD and carry the Cavs on offense might be asking too much.

I think if you fall into the trap of trying to beat the Warriors at their own game, it's not going to end well even if you cut down on mistakes because they're the best in the league at playing with pace, forcing and capitalizing on turnovers, team defense, passing, switching, 3 point shooting, etc. They have a lot of great individual defenders, too, but no one can completely lock down Kyrie or LeBron one on one. We may be seeing some slowing down of the game and iso ball from the Cavs before the end of the series, like in the past two years. 

Man that was a sloppy first half. Exciting game, though. 

10 hours ago, mypasswordis said:

I think if you fall into the trap of trying to beat the Warriors at their own game, it's not going to end well even if you cut down on mistakes because they're the best in the league at playing with pace, forcing and capitalizing on turnovers, team defense, passing, switching, 3 point shooting, etc. They have a lot of great individual defenders, too, but no one can completely lock down Kyrie or LeBron one on one. We may be seeing some slowing down of the game and iso ball from the Cavs before the end of the series, like in the past two years. 

You might be right, but it hasn't happened yet. The Cavs definitely changed their game plan for tonight, but they seemed to just run out of steam. With Durant, I think they are having to work much harder than last year on defense, and it's just that much more tiring. 

Edited by EdipisReks1

Agreed. LeBron looks to be finally getting to the point where he can't be on the floor doing everything for 45 minutes every night, and trying to defend KD well on top of that is pretty impossible. Tristan isn't fast enough to keep up with KD, and Kevin Love isn't good at defense. Of course, it's always funny when the Warriors run a 1-3 pick and roll and Kyrie ends up (not so much) guarding Durant. KD fixed GSW's greatest weakness when he joined, since he's turned into a rim protector who can rebound the ball well on top of everything he did before. He could basically play any position on both offense and defense...

He had 39/11/9 today and has been playing crazy good all 3 games. One could say it's the bad choices he made as acting GM catching up with him, as the role players continue to be ghosts... Tristan Thompson with 0 pts, 3 rebounds, and 1 King manslaughter charge. Steph got more rebounds in a single game than Tristan has the entire series.

Not the result I wanted, but that was fun as hell.

God damn I love the NBA Playoffs.

After that drama, I think there is a solid chance g5 is the most watched NBA game in over a decade.

Edited by TMoney

Congrats KD, though I sure wish you'd been wearing an OKC jersey when you got it done. And congrats warrior fans, of course. 

Watching LeBron walking off was interesting... He's said he has nothing more to prove and he looks the part more than ever. I hope everyone hating him these last 5-6 years wakes up before he's done because this is the second time he lost a finals and should be series mvp. Unbelievable stuff. 

• Like 1