HC NBA Ballers

TMoney

Agree, Cleveland did not embarrass themselves. They played hard and gave it their best shot.

I lost interest in basketball years ago when the Lakers were winning it every year. It got boring. Fortunately, I live in the bay area which is probably the only reason I'm into it now. So, band wagon here too.

The deck is stacked and looks like it will be for years to come which sucks for everybody else. That can't be bad for basketball in general can it? 

• Like 1

Yeah, the Warriors dominance for the next 3-4 years most likely means the rest of the league is just going to wait it out and concentrate on building through the draft like the Warriors did, which means even less competition from the bottom 28 teams.

Any Kings fans in the Bay area? It's hard to be a Kings fan when the front office is one of the worst in the league, and that's saying something when compared to the Jim Buss ran Lakers and Knicks in general.

• 2 weeks later...

It's disgusting how far they've fallen from the 2011-2012 roster on every possible front, including coaching.

Pre-injury Rose, Noah, Deng, Boozer, Hamilton, Gibson, Korver, and Butler. A couple more seasons with Thibs and that roster would have had a title. 

Chicago needs a rebuild of its front office. What a robbery.

Levine and Dunn don't really project out to be starters, and for the two of them plus #7 they traded one of the best two-way wings in the game?

Jeez.

EDIT: Nice take on the trade (as usual) by Zach Lowe: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents-19712292/zach-lowe-jimmy-butler-trade-future-minnesota-timberwolves-chicago-bulls-nba

Edited by TMoney

I love how half these teams' overall strategy is to just cycle through star after star, somehow hoping they can catch Golden State with rag tag crews. Makes me appreciate Boston and Philly willing to nosedive for multiple years to try and assemble an intentionally devised team with actual focus. Please Chicago, please do this.

Guys like Howard, CP3, Melo... I just don't see it.

Edited by Aura
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jeremy Lin is awesome. Great player and great person. First American born Asian in the NBA IIRC. Great stuff! My brother and I talked about shooting hoops on our driveway like him, except ... he’s good.

I liked that people called me Jeremy Lin, an actual NBA player! Instead of being called Bruce Lee or Charlie Chan all the time. Although Bruce Lee was pretty cool.

But bum knee not good, especially for his style of play.

• Like 1

He seems very humble, probably too humble but quite welcome in a world of Trumps. And yeah, his style of play slashing all the time causes the injuries in the first place so hopefully he can develop some range with a nice step back or pull up game and maybe play a few more years. People called me similar names when I was growing up (Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee, not Jeremy Lin) but I also had a whole slew of other nicknames based on my name, like Justin Time and Justification, Timberlake, Bieber Fever, etc. I wish someone called me Jeremy Lin, especially as a fellow Taiwanese American, but I didn't play a single minute of sports growing up...

• Like 1

Haha. I like Justin Time and Bieber fever!

My other nicknames unrelated to being Asian, were plays off my last name: Slim, Limburger, Limbo, Lim-osine, Out-on-a- ...

Those were fun, though. I like trying to come up with fun nicknames for colleagues at work. It just makes the day more fun.

No sports growing up? What’s wrong? Too busy doing your math, computers and violin, hahaha? Oh wait a second ... [emoji6]

• Thanks 1