HC NBA Ballers

TMoney

Yeah, I’ve always been extremely thin also. But I was also really coordinated. So through sixth grade I was considered athletic, and usually picked early, but after everyone got bigger than me some time in middle school, I was suddenly not very athletic. Sadly, my basketball career ended. But my life as a geek started! [emoji106]

• Like 3

Losing to the Knicks by 20, lol.

I didn’t watch the game, but one quick look at the advanced stats and its easy to see why they got skewered.

Killed on putbacks (effort) and in translation (effort).

F0D76592-C9E3-452B-91DC-5D172B40CCC1.thumb.jpeg.d42f68dbbaf66ed1e0e4efb12cd912d9.jpeg

Still, like the Warriors struggles I’m not sure how much it matters this early in the season.

• Like 1

The Warriors will be fine, they're just feeling a little lackadaisical because they have the best roster of any team in the league by far, even getting a great rookie in Jordan Bell. The Lavs have no chemistry and there are a lot of players that used to be extremely good but are too old to play defense now, plus Tristan got bit by the Kardashian Kurse and started listening to Taylor Swift before games. Everyone moved to the west in the off-season so I don't see why the Cavs won't end as a top 3 seed again, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not even a big basketball fan, but I chuckled when Philly blew their confetti cannons, thinking 76'ers won on a shot with less then 2 seconds left in regulation.  Then realized it was only a 2-pointer, not 3, and they were going to OT....where the Celtics won.

If the Celtics go onward (likely, they are 3-0), they will likely lose handily in the next round.  But even as a non-fan, very proud of what the team has done with the injuries of big-time starters.  Good on the coach, new kids, and bench players.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, skullguise said:

I'm not even a big basketball fan, but I chuckled when Philly blew their confetti cannons, thinking 76'ers won on a shot with less then 2 seconds left in regulation.  Then realized it was only a 2-pointer, not 3, and they were going to OT....where the Celtics won.

If the Celtics go onward (likely, they are 3-0), they will likely lose handily in the next round.  But even as a non-fan, very proud of what the team has done with the injuries of big-time starters.  Good on the coach, new kids, and bench players.

Casual fan here too, but have been following the C's more this season and have watched most of the playoffs.  After the epic comeback in game two last night was fantastic.  Philly has to feel gutted.  They literally gave the game away, twice.

• Like 1

The C's have played with a heck of a lot of heart. I usually hate the Boston sports teams above all others, but between Al Horford, Jayson Tatum, Brad Stevens and co. this bunch is hard to root against.

That being said, watching his majesty, King James I crush the hopes and dreams of his foes has been an absolute joy this year. He is playing at a level few players in the history of the game have reached this post season. He is in peak-Jordan form.

• 2 weeks later...

I think James is an all time great and an easy top five player of all time.  Not sure if he is second behind MJ though.  He plays well and dominates stat lines however he has a tendency to get frozen up down the stretch.  The team chemistry seems to be missing from his team when the going get tough. I bet he is missing Kyrie Irving just about now.  I'm not sure if Boston will be better or worst with Kyrie & Hayward back in the line up next year.  This team is so jelling right now.  When everyone plays as a team and with passion, basketball is just so great to watch. 

Edited by purk
  • Like 1

You can bet your ass Boston will be better with 2 additional allstars... Might be hard to judge those additions, though, because Jayson maybe an additional all-star level talent by next year. Jaylen, too, for all we know.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm impressed by his performance as well, but Boston was so pathetic on the second half.  How many more three will this young team and coach shoot when the conversion rate was below 20%.  Its a game 7, play smarter damn it!