Head Case Motorsports

VPI

I'm a Bimmer guy these days, but an Audi (with a warranty) and an R/S in the model makes me happy.

Same. 

I think the R/S/A5 is a great looking car and a appreciate what it is,  but I would take a M4 or 6 series over it any day. 

At the end of the day drive everything you can think of that is in the range of what you want. Go with the one that draws you in the most. Also make sure to play with the tech in the car, can make or break something you thought you like. 

Contemplating taking Nate's original advice and just leasing an S4 now. Not sure the Golf is really going to be a comfortable daily driver for me with the dramatic turbo lag and limited driver shoulder room.

Maybe not, Audi lease terms suck balls. I would be better off buying the thing. They have a Blue one they can get for me, but it is Premium Plus with Tech package some crappy Bang & Olufson stereo and the upgraded sport diff. Not sure if a full Premium package would not be a better purchase.

Some specs:

Sepang Blue Pearl

DSG Transmission

Nappa Leather Package

Tech Package: Audi MMI navigation (dramatically better than the Golf one), Parking System, Audi Connect Sim Card thing for Google interface and a wifi hotspot (just like those fancy Chevy's), etc.

Sports Differential

Bang & Olufson

Carbon Fiber Atlas Inlays???

Some stupid $600 Alu-Optic package? ???

Free Service (Thought this was already included like in a Bimmer but I guess not)

Longer warranty 4year/50000 as opposed to 3/36000.

Edited by VPI

Unfortunately, I am not a baller like you, so I am only looking for economy cars at this point, really just wanted to see how it compared to my 2002.  

That dealership did have a nice lease offer for a convertible M235i for $499 that was interesting.  

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, I am not a baller like you, so I am only looking for economy cars at this point, really just wanted to see how it compared to my 2002.  

That dealership did have a nice lease offer for a convertible M235i for $499 that was interesting.  

If it wasn't for the good deal I get picking them up in Germany I would be tooling around in a Yugo GT.

So what is it about the Elio that interests you?

I can't even find the 0-60 times on their page.   ;D

I think it's around 9 seconds. Just a cheap commuter, and that's what I need. 

I was going to say just get a Can-Am and a rain jacket, but suck-me-sideways if they are not pricey. 

Yeah they are, but the new Spyder F3 with the new 1300 engine and cruiser style ride stance definitely has me wanting one.

In my very scientific testing tonight, Forza 5 on the Xbox One, I have come up with some interesting differences between the R and the S4. Unfortunately the game only has the Mk VI R so I could not get a true test.

The A pillar on the Golf, being more vertical and thinner makes for a dramatically better view of the track than the S4.  I am pretty sure a Mini Cooper could hide in the visibility block from the A pillar on the S4.  The larger side mirrors on the S4 were much more usable than the smallish ones on the R.

The R seems to be much easier to coax through the tight curves of the Nuburgring, and is more stable when using the curbs.  The R is more stable and does not lumber through corners, the rear end tends to not throw off the balance and try to come around on you nearly as much as the S4.  The S4 seems to be good with early power in the curves, but brakes seem to unsettle it unnaturally.  Top speed on the finish line straight was dramatically different, 165 for the S4 and 131 for the R.  Not sure how accurate that is, or if the Mk VII R might be a bit faster, but that long straight was a big part of the time difference between the two, as the R is quicker through the crazy windy areas.

Best clean Ring lap on the Golf R 12:07 and the best time on the S4 11:32.  Might have to go test drive a few more options tonight.   ;D

• Like 2