Head Case Motorsports

VPI

Went to my first Cars and Coffee in the area this morning.  This is the lower end one while Saturday morning is the multi-million dollar car C&C in McLean.  This might be the last of these though as the police  showed up as so many hotrod douchebags were burning out when leaving the parking lot so the police said no more, after many years of this event occurring here.

First the VW Mafia Cars:

Vintage Golf Rally

C%26CLarge19-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge20-X2.jpg

Audis

C%26CLarge31-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge34-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge7-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge26-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge8-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge33-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge28-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge25-X2.jpg

C%26CLarge29-X2.jpg

• Like 1

Wut?  Sounds better, possibly, looks better?  Not a chance.  I saw two S4's this weekend and reminded my wife that at some point one will be parked in our driveway again.  I'm actually trying to talk to an indie mechanic this week to get a feel for options for non-dealer service.  Gotta plan ahead, doncha know.

• Like 2

Just put on my custom Audi car cover as I will be traveling for a bit.  What a massive piece of $300 shit.  Tissue paper that does not fit well and will maybe last 3 weeks.  Should have gotten one of the online custom covers.

Wut?  Sounds better, possibly, looks better?  Not a chance.  I saw two S4's this weekend and reminded my wife that at some point one will be parked in our driveway again.  I'm actually trying to talk to an indie mechanic this week to get a feel for options for non-dealer service.  Gotta plan ahead, doncha know.

I'm with Nate.   The S4 looks so much better than the Golf R.  

I keep looking at the A4 (since I can't afford/justify the S4).  

• Like 1

Raffy, it is entirely possible I will get too bored with this and sell it off to get something nicer.  I tend to waste a lot of money buying things trying to be sensible instead of just getting something worthwhile from the beginning.

• Like 1

I'm with Nate.   The S4 looks so much better than the Golf R.  

I keep looking at the A4 (since I can't afford/justify the S4).  

The A4, especially with the S-Line package looks nearly as nice and costs a lot less.  If speed is a must you can tune the Audi 2.0T to very respectable levels of power without much risk of damage.  Most would argue that something in the low 200's doesn't require that but...

I definitely don't need as much speed as the stock would have. I really need to get out and test drive one some time. I've just been too busy. If I don't get the A4 Quattro or BMW 328i, I'll probably just end up with another ever so boring but reliable Honda Accord v6.

Raffy, it is entirely possible I will get too bored with this and sell it off to get something nicer.  I tend to waste a lot of money buying things trying to be sensible instead of just getting something worthwhile from the beginning.

APR tune with upgraded pulley and a better exhaust should help. 

Then again if being exciting is getting the rear end loose in a corner, then you might be in trouble. M division and AMG have a cure for that.   

Trying to figure out the worthwhile changes for the Vag com thing. Most of the non-lighting things from the list already happen on my car. (Reverse mirror tilt, guage sweep, etc.). Everything else seems to just be changing how the lights work. Several others I have to research as I have no idea what the acronyms mean. Any recommendations on must haves from this list? The parking assist turn off time is biggest for me as the backup camera stays on way too long after you put it in drive and take off.

Disable After-wipe of windscreen wipers

Disable amber corner lights

Disable amber side markers

Disable Key warning (keyless models)

Disable LED 'wink' on turn signal

Disable "Lights are on" warning

Disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed

Disable Seatbelt Chime

Enable Adaptive brake lights

Enable Ambient Interior Lighting Control

Enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS

Enable Automatic Hill Hold Assist 'lite'

Enable Auxiliary ventilation

Enable Battery meter

Enable DIS with Efficiency Program

Enable Double Disarm Beep

Enable DRL Selectable via MMI

Enable DRL

Enable Euro parking lights that turn on signal at night

Enable fog lamp to come on for the same side as that turn signal

Enable Front Turn Signals as Parking lights

Enable Gauge Test/Needle Sweep

Enable Hidden menu in MMI

Enable Import CDs to MMI's HD

Enable Independent Fogs control with high beams

Enable Lap Timer

Enable LEDs remain bright for parking lights

Enable Rear Tail Lights on with DRLs

Enable Release Parking Brake without putting foot on Brake

Enable Release Parking Brake without putting seatbelt

Enable Remote Operation windows&sunroof

Enable Reverse mirror tilt

Enable Speed through MMI

Enable TPMS

Enable VIM on MMI

Set Audi parking system - Switch OFF Speed

Set Custom ADS settings

Set Headlight washer - cycles

Set Headlight washer - duration

Adjust Consumption in DIS

Adjust LED Brightness

Edited by VPI

No not really.  Audi dealer was pretty disappointed when I told them how boring I think the S4 is.   >:D

Yeah, tuning would help, but each of those things would end my 50,000 mile warranty as soon as it made an appearance at the dealer.

How the heck are you bored with an S4? Get yourself to a track day or get yourself up to some great mountain roads!