Head Case Motorsports

VPI

That 240Z is slick and I'm particularly curious about the Dodge Challenger.  Looks like a road race car.

Great pics as usual...thank you for sharing!

HS

3e143cab4e6925ec7782ea9068854db6.jpg

Right lane.

First time at the track. Traction still a problem, might get some slicks.

Estimate 12.7 quarter with my 1/8 time. Must work on getting a good launch.

Wow this is fun :)

Nice work!  I don't know what you're running.  My experience is a good drag radial with an automatic car is best.  I did better with slicks when it's stick shift...more forgiving if you break the tire (i.e. wheel spin).  A slick will engage the track again whereas the DR's will have a lot more difficulty recovering.  A slick does lend itself to a bit more wheel hop, though, on my car so the half shafts (axles) should be up to the task.

Best of luck.

HS

That Z car is a stunner.  Loved them for a long time.  Learned how to drive a stick in my brother's '72 240Z 4-speed and then bought and drove a '78 280Z 5-speed in college.  Sold it sadly with 140K miles, 81K of them mine.  Fortunately, I just purchased a '78 280Z 4-speed to teach my 16-yr old how to drive a stick.  It should arrive in the next day or so.  I'm stoked.

Attended the Texas Mile this weekend.  My favorite event ever...the standing mile.  Weather was bad but we got a few really cool things out of it.  First time the standing mile has been run at night that I'm aware of and the cars running Sunday got a tremendous tailwind once the rain blew through and the track was dried.  There was a 280ZX with a Chevy small block (I believe) running about 170mph.  Pretty cool.

HS

Put on the STi rear sway bar with Kartboy end links.  I cannot believe how sloppy the stock end links are, I think they might be a big cause of the poor handling and lack of straight-line stability.  Also threw on some Hella Sharptones, not sure why I bothered, but I know people will now notice if I am angry at them.

i-CBVzkbv-X2.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah I noticed that when I posted it.  Went and picked up the tags shortly thereafter and some stupidly overpriced Subaru LP holders.  Fucktards at the dealership drilled out the front mounting points crooked, I am thinking about burning down the dealership now.

Got to use the horn twice on the way back. People in this area are aching to crash into each other.  And of course it happened at the entrance to the fucking H Mart as people decide to cut across three lanes to get their vegetables or whatever that place sells.  The horn stopped the first lady in her tracks and she just stayed there until I was well past, then the horn was needed 200 yards later as people here are too stupid to read signs that the left lane is entrance to Express Lanes only and always just swerve over at the last second without checking if someone is there.

• Like 3

^  Your temporary plate expires today ;)

Very cool on the mods. I'm playing an inordinate amount of Dirt Rally and I reach for the gear shift on my stupid minivan at least once a drive before I realize what I'm driving....

Weren't you buying a Miata/911 or something?

the fucking H Mart

They sell Asian groceries, and those groceries are uniformly delicious.  Unfortunately, my car got plowed into every goddamn time I parked there, and it did little to dispel negative racial stereotypes about driving.

If you need the freshest ginger, take a fucking cab.

• Like 1

So THAT'S the real reason for being stopped! DWA. I shoulda known. [emoji35] And where are the Asian emojis?! Ain't any that I can see. How hard would it be to make ONE slanty eyed emoji? On the other hand, they do mostly have yellow skin. So there's that...

• Like 2

Put in some parts orders today for some Subaru upgrades:

2015 STI Steering Rack - Going from the school bus-like 17-1 to the ultra tight 13-1 on the new STI.

Swift Springs - modest 1.5 inch drop still leaving about 7 inches of clearance

JDM STI interior pieces (gauge pods, shifter, shift boot, etc. with the red stitching to match the STI steering wheel.

Now I need to select some wheels and tires and an exhaust option between the Nameless, Invidia and Mann Engineering Cat backs.

This thing is going to at least look sporty and drive okay hauling my kayak around.

• Like 5

Yeah, I might end up going with a license plate delete plate up front and put the plate on the Rho Plate tow hook holder but right now everything is straight as there is enough slop in the plate to make everything straight.

Met up with Dan at Katie's but did not take a lot of pictures this morning.

• Like 1