Head Case Motorsports

VPI

I have driven the 12C and while it was fun, and turned heads, but it wasn't very practical. Not a car I would want as a daily driver, especially if there were potholes, speed bumps, and curbs to deal with. The 911 on the other hand can deal with all these, has way more tech inside, is comfortable,  don't have to fall into and contort yourself to get out, and is still faster. 

If I could only have one car it would either be the 911 or the Bentley Conti GT Speed W12. I drove the 12C and Bentley back to back and I would pick the big B every day. Well unless I was at a track.  

Prison is for how fast you are going, not how fast you get there. The 570 sucks getting in and out just as much as the rest, driving I do not know. 

I think the 911 is much more often a daily based on how good of a car it is. I wouldn't want one of the more exotics unless I also had a Porsche or Bentley as the daily. Bentley if I was required to pick up the kids, 911 back seat is just silly. 

• Like 2

VPI - that catback looks great!  I dig what you've done with the XT....looks just mean enough for a quick grocery getter.

A fast SUV with big brakes, good handling (adjustable suspension settings), proper trans and motor is hard to beat for a daily if you have a family.  Sufficiently raised to deal even with Houston streets.  Big bonus.  Then a proper car in the garage for vroom vroom.

Picked this up to teach my 16 yr old how to drive a stick car properly...

HS

inspected nov 2015.JPG

• Like 7

If I could have one car just to drive for fun, with no practicality considerations whatsoever, I would get a manual V12 Vantage.

I love the way they look, guess I need to drive one to see how that goes. My friend has a DB9 and beside the great sound from the V12 and the way it looks it's not that amazing. Worst tech I have seen in a car. Did I mention they are sexy?

Edited by naamanf

I love the way they look, guess I need to drive one to see how that goes. My friend has a DB9 and beside the great sound from the V12 and the way it looks it's not that amazing. Worst tech I have seen in a car. Did I mention they are sexy?

Yes the Aston electrics etc. are generations behind, as is their horrible auto manual gearbox. But the stick with the big V12 is magic. Sadly no longer an option with the latest generation cars.

:(

A fine point.  For me it's about a time slip...performance vs my personal best.  Whether it be striaght line or road racing, can I do better than before given the conditions at hand.  No more and no less.

Dyno numbers are funny things in the wild.  They can be a useful measure for tuning, etc... and/or a data point along with several others.  Too many toss them arouns like a giant ball sack.

HS

Sort of a ghost town at C&C this morning.

Just posting this one due to the excellent parking job of the driving instructor that was there to sell us $50k memberships to the new private race track being built south of DC.  He was not backing into the space.  This is how he decided to park his Nismo Z

_DSC3215-XL.jpg_DSC3210-X2.jpg

I call this one the Brent car because every time I see it pull up I expect to see Brent get out of it for some reason.

_DSC3212-X2.jpg

._DSC3207-X2.jpg

Stretch Car

_DSC3205-X2.jpg_DSC3198-X2.jpg_DSC3195-X2.jpg_DSC3192-X2.jpg_DSC3219-X2.jpg

• Like 4