Head Case Motorsports

VPI

Chris, did you ever get around to actually driving an ST? I think the torque steer may drive you crazy.

AWD FTW!

And ...

The Beard!

Agree with everyone else. Get the RS. Safer. Plus I'll bet you'd also just enjoy driving it a lot more because of the AWD.

At least drive the ST before you decide.

Thanks all for the advice but I've decided on the ST even if the RS is a superior car. If I really start making cars a "hobby" then I can justify paying $25+k more when I replace it in a few years but right now that's not guaranteed. Also we have a 10 year anniversary coming up next year and I want a nice watch and the ability to buy my wife one too. (Also add a 2nd bathroom to the lake house)

49 minutes ago, jvlgato said:

Chris, did you ever get around to actually driving an ST? I think the torque steer may drive you crazy.

AWD FTW!

And ...

The Beard!

Agree with everyone else. Get the RS. Safer. Plus I'll bet you'd also just enjoy driving it a lot more because of the AWD.

At least drive the ST before you decide.

I took the ST out over the weekend and had a good time. Nothing about it drove me nuts. Though the backseat room is an issue but I don't expect to keep it long enough for that to be an issue.

10 hours ago, Voltron said:

Go for it, Chris. This is Head-Case, not Panty-Waist!

Panty-waist here. Hopefully I can re-earn what little cred I had here through other feats of purchasing in the near future in the watches thread.

8 hours ago, MexicanDragon said:

The beard is wise. I'm pretty sure it's a perma-ban if you disregard legal counsel, so there's that.

**BRENT**

I also received separate legal counsel from my in-house counsel. Does that mean I will not be perma-banned?

8 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Indeed, you are correct. 

I am not a white car guy, but damn that's nice.

...is what I meant to say.

I think the 2016 ST is quite a looker too:

117419d1448867477-2016-oxford-white-purc

The ST also has the advantage that it's a known quantity in both SCCA Rallycross and Autocross and is competitive in both classes.

In closing while I am compromising which isn't allowed here I hope you all can forgive me.

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 5

Car looks great IMO.  Very nice choice.

If you can live with the torque steer, you'll be golden and keep peace at home.  Comes in particularly handy during cold nights if I may say so myself...

My first new car was a 1993 Ford Probe GT after a couple of years out of grad school.  Tons of fun in the 5-speed format once I outfitted it with proper tires.  That was my first torque steer experience.

HS