Head Case Motorsports

VPI

2 hours ago, Grahame said:

Lemon law? So much for pre-delivery inspections, eh?

Unfortunately, not yet.  They have to be given the opportunity to correct the defect (and fail).  Three times in Virginia.  (Every place at least once, I think.)

Oh hey, look, DMV.org gives you a directory into lemon law lawyers:  link.  (DMV.org is not affiliated with the Virginia government.)

I don't look forward to the day my car finally gives up the ghost and I need to get something newer. Having an old beater from the 80s that never quits and you know inside and out and can easily work on in the driveway is just so nice.

Sorry for the bad luck, Chris. I wish they reimburse you or give you a new different one. My mother in law and brother in law have diesel Focus, they aren't particularly happy with them, the cars have been needing little fixes quite frequently. Only my MIL's had some serious issue with the clutch and gearshift IICR, fortunately while still covered by warranty. I'm not really a fan of Ford cars, but they're not probably the same in Europe as in the US.

Edited by Torpedo
  • Like 1

It will likely be a loose clamp, a bad thermostat ($20 part) or they overfilled it (unlikely). Can't imagine anything being clogged in a new vehicle. 

If I were local, I would help you with that short throw install. It is not a big deal. Hopefully they don't charge you more than 2 hours for labor. 

HS

9 hours ago, Dreadhead said:

This is a US built one but I expect it to be around the same as elsewhere. Hopefully I am OK after this issue.

Maybe I should have gone WRX.

You are going to love the Focus ST. Hopefully a bad first impression doesn't sour you more than it should. Mistakes happen.

• Like 2