Head Case Motorsports

VPI

3e25f9482d2afd179cd31e6aa9671201.jpg

Pretty sweet. The dealer put in the wrong remote start in it (key fob installed, but cell phone based ordered) so that will need to be fixed but otherwise seems great.

Also noticed that there was a scratch on the one of the passenger windows of my Focus ST and they have agreed to replace it. Expensive for them but the car should be pristine when new.

• Like 6

There are many great insurance companies with great rates out there.  Also many that do not.  Limiting yourself to Geico, State Farm and Progressive is like buying only Ray Samuels because you recognize the name, or McDonalds, or Applebees.  Seek out those companies that are domiciled in the state in which you live and don't forget independent agents who have access to several markets, which may or may not offer a better value than the companies named.

Rates are like a roller coaster ride.  Sometimes a company will be high.  Other times low.  Most of the time someplace in between.  Good luck.

• Like 2

A kid hit Dodge RAM truck in his old Ford Bronco when I was at the range teaching my son how to shoot skeet.  Polite as could be but he damaged the rear bumper and quarter pretty good.  He had GEICO and I have to say I was very impressed by how well they handled taking care of the repair.  Would not hesitate using them after that experience.

HS

• Like 1

I've had both GEICO and State Farm and have been happy with both. I currently have State Farm, and their price has been competitive. However, when I started, I sat down with my insurance guy and we looked for every possible discount I might qualify for one by one.

I just looked online and see the following discounts on one of my cars, for a discount of about $330:

Accident Free Discount

Anti-Theft Device Discount

Multiple Automobiles Discount

Multiple Line Discount

Vehicle Safety Discount

Annual mileage

There were a few ST there.  One, just to the side of the three Rs had a huge intercooler so I assume it was tuned like you were mentioning.  There were 9 Golf Rs there.  I guess they are just all too common now.

There were a few ST there.  One, just to the side of the three Rs had a huge intercooler so I assume it was tuned like you were mentioning.  There were 9 Golf Rs there.  I guess they are just all too common now.

I see R fairly often. Still a great car (just not for me). I am probably going to do a Cobb stage 3 or the Motune equivalent at some point if I don't get into autocross.

Thinking about the local autocross level 1 class in a week.

• Like 3

Great pics, VPI...thank you as always!  I enjoy them.

Dread...here is a small procedure you may very well be aware of.  It's the best thing you can do for better braking w/o costing you a dime IMO.  See the bedding-in Street Performance pads section.  Just in case you start tracking the car.  Also, if you get serious I would upgrade the brake fluid so you have a higher boiling point.  Also, be sure you "parade" the car immediately after hot laps for a while so you don't mar your rotors.  Looks great, BTW!

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/bed-in-theory-definitions-and-procedures/stock-brake-system-bed-in

HS

• Like 1

I was. Definitely faster than the XT. Not sure what the Car and Driver drivers were doing to get matching 0-60 times. Tech seemed nice but those seats were torture devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was. Definitely faster than the XT. Not sure what the Car and Driver drivers were doing to get matching 0-60 times. Tech seemed nice but those seats were torture devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I like the firm hug they give you but I would not want to do it for 5 hours...

I just returned from the Texas Mile.  Unfortunately, I was not running this time as I wanted to test my car at the 1/4 mile before going WOT for a mile with the new build.  DAMN...I've never seen more accommodating weather conditions.  Friday was 20mph steady tailwind with gusts to 30mph.  It doesn't get better than that...EVER.  Shit.

Anyhoo, saw some amazing things.  A Ford GT in Gulf Oil livery beat his record and went 279.8mph...crazy.  A nissan GTR went 255mph.  Super neat car...had tire heaters.  The driver was a big boy too...didn't stop him.  Saw a guy go 255mph in a dayglow pink bike...can't make that up.  

Some amazing runs and incredible machines.  Great people too.  Sat and Sun weather was stunning.  Damn I love that event.

HS

• Like 4