Head Case Motorsports

VPI

Very nice, 101!  Great looking ride.

Just got back from an event where I got to test out my new setup.  The first day was a bit painful....some teething pains and it hailed after only two passes.  We worked through those and I managed some clean passes the second track day which was cool and sunny.

This pass we pushed the boost ramp and found the track's limits.  It was a colorful pass for a couple of reasons...

I've got some adjustments to make like rear gear and tune tweaks, but it's close to being in a good place.  

HS

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

Just got back from an event where I got to test out my new setup.  The first day was a bit painful....some teething pains and it hailed after only two passes.  We worked through those and I managed some clean passes the second track day which was cool and sunny.

This pass we pushed the boost ramp and found the track's limits.  It was a colorful pass for a couple of reasons...

I've got some adjustments to make like rear gear and tune tweaks, but it's close to being in a good place.  

HS

Very impressive !

• Like 1

On April 10, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Looser101 said:

Had some work done this past week.  Got her tuned today.  Done at Innovative Tuning in Buffalo. 

Dyno.png

Follow me on Instagram:

@renato1.01

Be careful, as I've blown a PAR gearset and a Chalak gearset on a boosted blueprinted 2000 Impreza RS with aftermarket turbo kit pushing those kind of numbers.  Then again, back in those days you needed the automatic transmission to handle more than 300 whp, as the upgraded gearsets for Subaru 5-speed were not strong enough, even the ones with no synchros for wider and stronger gears (hated double clutching rev matching with n synchros).  Stock gearsets were good for about 240 ft/lbs if you used an ACT clutch that would slip, but a ceramic clutch that would grab would just blow up the gears instead of slipping.  I'm one of the few people that have managed to blow up the front differential ring and pinon at the same times as 5th gear.

Good: All set for my first G Street Autocross event on Sunday. 2 Other Focus ST in my class so I'll have a good baseline (even if mines a bit of a porker with the sunroof) and the dealer fixed the autoglass issue and a minor issue with the hand brake that also now meant I got a fully re-aligned gear setup and that's way smoother which is great.  

Bad: my and Meaghan's cars got bumper damage from peoples front license plate screws, not sure where but I'm guessing someone at daycare is a fucking idiot.

• Like 2

My camera mount and vinyl magnets for numbers arrived for tomorrow. Not sure if I will mount inside or outside. I think the outside view is pretty cool but I'm not sure which is better for autocross.

Edit: After reading a bit I changed to the B column but forgot to switch to wide screen. Should work well.

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 2

Congratulations!  That's a great start for a new ride.

Most beginners overdrive a car.  Key is momentum, keeping the shifts at a minimum (especially if you're a stick car), don't over brake or over pedal....momentum.  Sounds a lot easier than it is.

Be ready for a lot of tire purchases :D

HS

• Like 1

I am not allowed to run R compound in the GS class. I was planning on waiting until next year for new rubber.

I am getting more comfortable with my placing as I realized that both people that beat me were experienced, the winner has been running his car for years and had the rear sway bar and better rubber. The next guy is very active in SCCA and races his corvette on the track. I was the first novice.

• Like 1