Head Case Motorsports

VPI

• 3 weeks later...

Just registered for a Test and Tune autocross event. Not a competition but a chance to run the autocross course 30+ times and make adjustments (pretty much tire pressure in my case) and I paid extra to have an instructor ride along throughout the day. Also I will have gotten my new rear sway installed a few days before. Should be lots of fun, though it's not really racing.

There is also a track day scheduled in August at the new Dominion Raceway road course but they have been getting cancelled due to SCCA not approving the track yet so I've not registered. Would require a taking a day off which is less of an issue.

• Like 4

Nice, Chris. Do you have a good, accurate pressure gauge? You should get one. Also, IR thermometer to get temps. Also, bring someone to record all of this in a huge spreadsheet with ambient temps, surface temps, tire temps, etc. Bring a water sprayer to spray the tires down.

Also, make sure the guy with the computer is wearing a lab coat.

**BRENT**

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ironbut said:

You need some isolation for your mic though (picky picky). It's hard to hear the tire squeal through the vibrations.

I had planned on getting the external mic adapter and a small external mic to put in the cabin after my last session autocrossing but I forgot. Not planning to do another session for a while (my wife was supportive but not happy) so there's no rush I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took my son to the annual Autumn Motorsports Day at the Brooklands Museum, site of the famous prewar British speedway. Many, many fine cars were out on the track -- including two retired but still frisky F1s (former rides for Nelson Piquet and Fernando Alonso), scores of vintage Bentleys, JPS Lotuses, a gang of Martini Racing Integrales. It was a good time!

Best sound by far, though, was the 24-liter Napier-Railton. OMG what a machine ...

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 4.58.21 PM.png

619bb091930610135e29a77d261884ca.jpg

• Like 7

Took my son to the annual Autumn Motorsports Day at the Brooklands Museum, site of the famous prewar British speedway. Many, many fine cars were out on the track -- including two retired but still frisky F1s (former rides for Nelson Piquet and Fernando Alonso), scores of vintage Bentleys, JPS Lotuses, a gang of Martini Racing Integrales. It was a good time!

Best sound by far, though, was the 24-liter Napier-Railton. OMG what a machine ...

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 4.58.21 PM.png

619bb091930610135e29a77d261884ca.jpg

I am officially liking this 73,000 fucking times. Jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1