Head Case Motorsports

VPI

Just realized the whole windshield stuff is pretty OT for this thread. Got the glass replaced and it indeed is pretty much a copy of the oem glass. Some of the mold ends are not completely down on the ends and I may need to take care of that, but I think that is mostly cosmetic as it is the outer mold. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Offroading is a motorsport. Not a question, a statement. If you disagree with me, go look up "Dakar Support Truck" on youtube.

Anyways, my Jeep, no dubbed Pokey after her last outing, is going up on blocks this weekend. 3" lift kit shows up on Monday and shortly after it is installed, 33" tires will be ordered. All for the absolutely beautiful offroading out here. New Mexico may fall short in some aspects, but not the view.

3V9WouN.jpg

• Like 6

So I'm waiting to hear back from the insurance on my diminished value claim. The valuation came back at $2.7k but I doubt they will give me that. I'm hoping they give me enough to pay for some autocross upgrades. My dilemma is do I get the ridiculously light OZ Ultraleggera or do I get Moda MD22 and Koni adjustable dampers for the rear (not available for the front). The tires will be Bridgestone RE-71R which are the kings of Autocross.  

We settled for $1500 for the diminished value claim. I'm pleased and will likely roll that into the OZ Ultraleggera super light autocross wheels.

Edit: it appears that Enkei has just released even superlighter wheels that are cheaper. 15.8 lbs.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I'm now basically 100% on track to become a first-time homeowner in the fall as long as I keep maintaining some semblance of financial discipline.

It has been a very long road to this point but the end goal is finally in sight.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

I think the gent is high on the asking price, but no denying this would be a hoot to drive...

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/audi/s4-avant/1932313.html?refer=news

For the Audi fans in the house.

HS

That thing is a disaster waiting to happen.   A very, very cool disaster.  Where do I sign up?

• Like 2