Head Case Motorsports

VPI

Worst car I've ever driven was a rental Chevy Spark going from Chicago to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Complete dogshit. You worry every time you use the brakes that you are spending momentum that the hamster-wheel of an engine will never get back.

1920px-Chevrolet_Spark_LT+_1.2_(Facelift

She bought the Honda Shitbox[emoji769] before talking to me again. I'm OK with it -- $3500 for a relatively short term car with minimal driving isn't too risky. And it is the 1.8L SL model Shitbox[emoji769] so it has fancy keyless entry, power locks and windows, and GPS and such.

Ooh, doubling down on K cars is really amazing! Must have bought them on the same day. My buddy from Texas had one in my first years as a lawyer. We always called it the FBI standard issue unmarked car, and eventually a car raced up next to us at a stop light and asked if we were cops. When we said No, the dude looked panicked and took off looking for an actual cop.

• Like 1

I try to have selective memory on various US rentals I had on holiday when I lived in the U.K., as they all seemed to be variations on "sensory deprivation on wheels" compared to the UK / Euro driving experience. I do, however, have flashbacks of the very red/burgundy velour/vinyl interior of a Ford Tempo, The panel gaps and plasticy trim on an IROC Camero in florida (when gas was less than $1 / gal) and the general wallowyness of a Buick Skylark.

1980 Mercury Bobcat.

I inherited it from my Mother, who inherited it from my Grandfather. Luckily I only had to drive it for a few months, before it self ignited. A short in the wiring burnt up the entire engine bay area. What a POS!

download.jpg

• Like 3

Worst car - 1989 VW Fox - 2dr, 4spd manual.  It was underpowered to begin with and the 4spd was spaced too far and it was dangerous to merge on the highway.  Top it off with a shagged suspension that made it handle like dogshit and it was a perfect storm of terrible.

• Like 1

1968 Buick LeSabre.  Nothing wrong with the base car, but we let it deteriorate all to hell.  Windshield wiper fluid was dispensed by opening the window -- and slowing the car, less the backdraft spit it in your face -- and squirt by hand with a bottle.  Music supplied by a cassette player and two bookshelf speakers -- completely independent of the car.

I think we abandoned it in the middle of a snowstorm and never bothered to retrieve it.

"So when are you going to come and get it?"
"Uh...I don't think we are."
"What do you mean?"
"Why don't you just go ahead and keep it."
"..."
"..."
"What?!?!  No, you have to!"
"Nope."

etc.

That's the one...  Maroon.  Hatchback.  I wanted to buy a buddy's Chevelle but he wouldn't sell it to me worried it wouldn't hold up.  He'd have done me a favor...

My second car was a 1978 Datsun 280Z 5-speed....that was a car.  Bought it with 59K miles and sadly sold it when I went to grad school with 140K miles on the odometer.  It was still pulling hard.

HS