Head Case Motorsports

VPI

I am a big fan of the look and it feels good sitting on the bike, but I have heard the suspension is a bit too racy for me.

The Bonnevilles are really nice but I was most impressed with the giant Tiger 1200 adventure bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, VPI said:

Very nice.  If only I had the ability to keep a vintage bike on the road.  It was funny, just this weekend I was at WeatherTech factory store and the Vincent bike they have on display there was leaking quite a bit of oil. 

Feature, not a bug.  It's a visual oil-level indicator:  if it's not leaking, it's out of oil.  If it's leaking, you need to add some more oil.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My wife signed up to let me do another season of Autocross and I splurged on a pair of custom double adjustable front  shocks for the Focus ST. There is a Celica that when it shows up is just in another world (1-2 seconds faster) and I'm hoping these bring me to his level but looking at the times from Nationals where some guys are stock (other than sway bar and tires)  the issue is more likely me. I'll also get an alignment done in the spring when I get them installed. 

Got my Championship Trophy (a jacket) last week. It is sweet!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

^^Pics of the jacket???

I spent the afternoon testing out various types of motorcycles.  Need to settle on exactly what type of bike I want to start with so tried out a bunch of different brands and types of bike.

Mostly focused on the Adventure bikes as I thought they are the most practical.  The main issue I had with them is they are really tall but seem to handle fine.

Tried the Ducati which seemed to have all the right tech and was sportier than the Triumph Tiger which is at the top of my list so far.

Multistrada-1200-Enduro-MY18-Red-01-Data

Then the 2017 Tiger 1200.  The new model will not be in stock until March and is a big improvement on these, in tech, engine, etc.  Like the looks of these a lot but it is even higher than the Ducati.  Not as sporty feeling as the Ducati either but more comfortable.

maxresdefault.jpg

Then I tried something in a different class, the KTM 1290 Super Duke.  Really fun to ride but not as useful for road trips, etc.

KTM%20Super%20Duke%201290%20R%2014%20%20

Ran out of time so did not get to try any of the cruiser type bikes, but that should happen this weekend.

I did however take part in my favorite part of starting a new hobby, buying shit.

i-qTswnDH-XL.jpg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 7

Yep. This shop only had Ducati, Triumph, KTM, Norton, Motus and Moto Guzzi. I am definitely interested in the BImmers as an option, though I assume they are like the cars and are overpriced for what they are.

They are making me a pretty tempting offer on the 2017 Tiger 1200. Triumph is throwing in the full hard case set, a $1400 value and low interest and no payments until April if I take one of the 2017s instead of waiting for the 2018.

Thinking this one might end up in my garage.

fd166aa102e87623e550a9772ddd9cf6.jpg

e870065f598be14377b11b23f7ed723a.jpg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 5

Got bored so I decided to try some more motorcycles.

Even rode a Moto Guzzi to see how Ken lives.  It was a lot of fun but that crazy engine made the leg room a little uncomfortable, could make for sore legs on longer rides.

2000000001.jpg

• Like 1